Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Constant dirty pampers

bnm

Post Tue, Mar 02 2010, 11:15 am
My daughter used to have one or 2 dirty pampers a day. for the past 24 hours every single pamper is dirty, she is doing them at least 1 or 2 per hour. how concerned am I supposed to be?

sky

Post Tue, Mar 02 2010, 11:17 am
Is she teeting? I find when my kids are teething they make numerous dirty diapers a day. Call your ped. to check.

bnm

Post Tue, Mar 02 2010, 11:19 am
sky wrote:
Is she teeting? I find when my kids are teething they make numerous dirty diapers a day. Call your ped. to check.

when she teethes its diarrhea, this is much stiffer than her regular pampers.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 02 2010, 12:25 pm
My son constantly had dirty diapers from when he was about 8 months old. When he was 2 and a half he was diagnosed with Celiac. I wish I would've had him tested earlier and would've known.

bnm

Post Tue, Mar 02 2010, 12:29 pm
she was tested for celiac already. this is a recent development.

octopus

Post Tue, Mar 02 2010, 12:39 pm
does she have a bug?

since purim my dd has been doing the same thing. it is awful. I think their is a bug going around.

bnm

Post Tue, Mar 02 2010, 12:42 pm
octopus wrote:
does she have a bug?

since purim my dd has been doing the same thing. it is awful. I think their is a bug going around.

maybe, it is since purim too.

MimiMommy

Post Tue, Mar 02 2010, 1:07 pm
My daughter had a virus recently and had something similar for a few days, but they were pretty runny. Now she's back to normal. Hopefully it's just something she has to get out of her system.

Aizer K'negdo in progress

Post Tue, Mar 02 2010, 1:28 pm
My DS is having the same thing on a lesser level B'H' he is soiling maybe 2-4 diapers a day and it was pasty/liquid stool +mucous at the beginning and now it is pasty at best and no more mucous. (sorry that was pretty graphic!!!)

He had a runny nose and coughing on/off for the past 2 weeks with those "funny " BM.

So we are going with the "virus" theory.

Hope your little one feels better soon Bz'H' Smile

bnm

Post Tue, Mar 02 2010, 1:30 pm
thats the thing, its NOT loose, she usually has loose due to the formula she is on... now its HARD

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 02 2010, 1:58 pm
bnm wrote:
thats the thing, its NOT loose, she usually has loose due to the formula she is on... now its HARD

Call the nurse practitioner at the Gastro's office and run it by her. I have her number if you want.

bnm

Post Wed, Mar 03 2010, 2:10 am
no one called me back, I had tried the regular ped and her gastro. I just remembered that we started her on a different brand of iron supplements, that might be the issue.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 03 2010, 11:31 am
bnm wrote:
no one called me back, I had tried the regular ped and her gastro. I just remembered that we started her on a different brand of iron supplements, that might be the issue.

That very well could be it.

Aizer K'negdo in progress

Post Wed, Mar 03 2010, 12:56 pm
bnm wrote:

That would do the trick to have hard bowel movement.

The fact is that hard BM are not as much of a concern then diarrhea. with that latter you would be concerned with dehydration,.. It is true that with the former you would not want to advance to chronic constipation with all the wonderful side effects

Increase liquid intake ie water more than anything.
Give her lots of fresh fruits (particularly the citrus family)
decrease white bread and derivitives
increase fiber content
If she likes it a few dried prunes with warm water should help.

Hatzlachah

octopus

Post Wed, Mar 03 2010, 9:51 pm
The past couple of days have been gehennom with my dd's loose diapers. It's awful. And ds has been constipated like crazy and crying every time he makes. I feel like I'm running a poopy factory.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics