Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby vomitting after immunizarions! Help!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 03 2010, 10:44 pm
My baby had his 1st round of shots today since he was born. He is 8 months old. He had some issues that he could not be given any shots until now. Everything has cleared up, so he was able to begin receiving shots.

Tonight, though, he has been vomitting. He seems hungry, but then he throws up! He was fine for the first five hours or so following his appointment. He is in a happy mood otherwise...no fever, no pain! He is not sleepy or cranky, or miserable in anyway. He is smiling and playing just like he always does. Right now he is even drinking a bottle...which hopefully he won't throw up! It's just really strange...he is sooo happy, but then he throws up, and then he goes right back to being happy again!

Can immunizations cause vomitting? I have never had this with any other kid. They are just cranky for a bit.

Annie

Post Wed, Mar 03 2010, 11:29 pm
Call your pediatrician. It sounds like it could be from the shots, but it would depend on which shots. HOpe your baby feels better soon. Be careful to watch for the usual signs of dehydration -- not a lot of wet diapers, no tears, etc.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 03 2010, 11:51 pm
Op here...I plan to call 1st thing in the morning

After I posted, he drank a full bottle without vomitting and fell asleep. He isn't feverish at all, no crying. He just drank his bottle, played with a little toy for a few minutes and fell asleep. I'm wondering if the vomitting is just a coincidence...perhaps he just overate a bit. I'll keep a watch all night and call in the morning! I have 8 kids and this has never happened before. It's just sooo strange because he is in such a happy mood otherwise!

LisaS

Post Thu, Mar 04 2010, 3:07 am
My baby vomitte several times after the 6 month shots. 24 hours after the shots he was back to himself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics