Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Would you let your child watch any of the spiderman movies?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 6:20 pm
In the summer, my kids go to a day camp that is frum, but 85% of the kids don't seem as much. They usually go to a place that's like a bungalow colony, called a quinta. Except when it's raining, they stay in the school building. There's no pool or anything, so to help pass the time, they show them a movie. My kids told me that they were going to show them Spiderman 3, but the spanish part wasn't working, only the english part. My kids wouldn't have minded Wink . I was very happy because I don't let them watch it. I do let them watch movies, but not that. It is pg-13. In the end, they didn't end up showing it at all even on a different day. I don't know if they would have, but I said something. I asked people around here if they would let their children see it and everyone I asked, said yes. I was shocked!! The ages for the camp is 4 to 13 years old. I even asked someone who I didn't think watched movies, but obviously that means absolutely nothing, and he said yes. I don't know, maybe it's a culteral thing or americans are stricter shock .

Tefila

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 6:48 pm
B'h
Why would I even want to do that? 1. There are so many kosher videos out there now. 2. Why have him imitate spiderman when he could be imitaiting the likes of the shpy etc???

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 7:02 pm
I guess it depends on the age of the child, but in a frum camp, never. That is a decision for the parents to make at home

fiddle

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 12:36 am
if the child is young, no. its to scary for them. if the child is older 13 I would not mind.

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 1:22 pm
no way. I have seen all those movies, not for children that age.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 1:26 pm
Here only real shtark people see no movie at all. I mean, I was at a chassidishe home, very shtark, a few months ago. No tv... but more dvds than we have (for the huge screened comp).
My more modern chassidish neighbours have tv.

As for Spiderman, I don't know these movies. I don't go by rating personally. It can be "only" PG 13 but filthy. It can be R and "only" disturbing. For kids I would go by internet (content description etc).

I saw Dune at camp, I was like 10? I didn't understand anything LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics