Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
WHERE WILL YOU BE FOR SHABBOS HAGODOL???

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 11:16 pm
Okay I will admit I am NOT envious of people going to hotels for Pesach because the thought of packing my family up with all those Yom Tov clothes makes me positively sick.... And the cost of the programs are simply obnoxious...

Good Grief!

HOWEVER...

I did notice a trend with people going away for shabbos hagodol.

This iintrigues me.

A weekend of relaxation BEFORE pesach starts... I like this concept...
WHERE are you going???
WHAT do you bring????
HOW does that work if you work full time???

I just cannot wrap my head around this concept...
SOMEBODY fill me in!

dora

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 11:32 pm
I can't shed any light on this trend. I will be very happy eating in my garage at a folding table set between the washing machine and the gardening tools.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 11:35 pm
We went twice. it was no relaxation. it was simply to be able to eat chometz away from home and let the kids have cheerios and cookies and challah. it was hard work. This year I dont feel like doing it, with pesach so close to shabbos.

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 11:43 pm
Keep talking--I am feeling better already!!!
:-)

UPTOWN GIRL

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 11:55 pm
I think its great went a few tims loking 4 a place this year

shmoozer

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 11:58 pm
do you live in ny/nj? we went to morristown nj. the hyatt could be gotten through priceline for a real cheap price - if you do name your own price for a room with a three star hotel, this is the only one that comes up. there is a shul around there and if any husbands insist on a mikvah, there is one not too far in the lubavitch yeshiva - abt a 45 min walk.
anyway, it's really nice and good for shabbos hagadol

UPTOWN GIRL

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 11:59 pm
I would rather a place with food

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 22 2010, 12:35 am
I have no interest in packing the family up for Shabbos Hagadol. Seriously, who wants more laundry/work to do before Pesach?
I thought I would enjoy going out to catered meals in the neighborhood for Shabbos Hagadol. But once I thought about getting dressed for both meals, being held to a schedule, eating with other people, children staying up late at night with the clock change, and of course the price... I am very happy to be eating our freshly cooked Pesach food at home, with the first course of store bought Challah and dips being eaten outside along with the Pesach gefilte fish on our lawn table!

mammele26

Post Mon, Mar 22 2010, 1:15 am
We've actually booked the Hyatt Summerfield in Morristown, NJ in the past. It's great, their suites cost $79-$89 per night, we packed the whole family in, and ate by a normalish table with a kitchen. The suites have a closed bedroom, a living area (where the kids sleep) and a kitchen. With young kids it's extremely hard to stay home and enjoy normal meals, if you have to stay in the house for the meals. This year, though, my brother is selling his apt for pesach so we're eating the meals there, and coming home to a pesachdig house to sleep and enjoy a pesachdig shabbos. It's the best of both worlds: eating out, and staying home... no packing, no traveling, a mechaye!

mammele26

Post Mon, Mar 22 2010, 1:18 am
ra_mom wrote:
I have no interest in packing the family up for Shabbos Hagadol. Seriously, who wants more laundry/work to do before Pesach?
I thought I would enjoy going out to catered meals in the neighborhood for Shabbos Hagadol. But once I thought about getting dressed for both meals, being held to a schedule, eating with other people, children staying up late at night with the clock change, and of course the price... I am very happy to be eating our freshly cooked Pesach food at home, with the first course of store bought Challah and dips being eaten outside along with the Pesach gefilte fish on our lawn table!

Good for you! We used to do that, cook pesachdig and eat the challah and fish/dip outside or the basement that got sold for pesach. It was great... we didn't have to go anywhere... only now where we live it's not shayach.

sandwich

Post Mon, Mar 22 2010, 11:39 am
where is the shul in Morristown?

shlomitsmum

Post Mon, Mar 22 2010, 1:02 pm
Home B'H!
in my little house ,at my own table eating my nice and lovingly prepared food and later resting in my bed with my squishy ,enjoying my own happy relaxed schedule !

I find it so much more relaxing ...I HATE hotels ,can't relax or have privacy ,miss my bed etc
I do not travel well ,plus I cant affor that ,and even If I could ...travelling annoys me as I always pick up a cold or whatever on planes... Wink .

I feel like my lack of intrerest is weird... Very Happy

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Mon, Mar 22 2010, 1:04 pm
Eating in our basement on a fold-out table in our storage room. We'll probably eat take-out food and not make cholent over Shabbos. Then we're selling our storage room!

chilled

Post Mon, Mar 22 2010, 4:01 pm
Home because not home for Pesach! and invitings sibs who ARE being home for Pesach and would appreciate the break...

safetynet

Post Mon, Mar 22 2010, 4:05 pm
between my mother and mother in law... They both want to have us Smile

newme

Post Mon, Mar 22 2010, 4:14 pm
By my parents, since they are not going to be home for pesach and invited us over to them.
It is a bit of a hassle packing for everyone - but we shall keep baggage to an absolute minimum, and it wull save me the time of cooking for Shabbos so I can carry on preparing for Pesach Tongue Out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics