Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Erev Pesach lunch???
Previous  1  2

flowerpower

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 6:26 pm
I plan on making shepherds pie and freezing half for chol hamoed.

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Mar 24 2010, 2:43 am
I think I"m going to fry up a bunch of the imamother tuna patties (except just mixed with mashed potato & egg) Cut up cukes & carrots, fruit, and potato chips.

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Mar 24 2010, 9:19 am
Am I the only one to serve kitniyot (usually rice or corn on the cob) though we don't eat them once pesach start?

Inspired

Post Wed, Mar 24 2010, 9:26 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
Am I the only one to serve kitniyot (usually rice or corn on the cob) though we don't eat them once pesach start?

We hold we do not eat whatever we don't eat on pesach after the time for eating chometz.

The stew is simple, a small piece of meat or some cubes lots of peeled and cut up potatoes and carrots, cut up onion and garlic (yay, we use it!Wink) paprika, salt, pepper, and cover with water. Then after its simmering drop in meatballs made with ground beef rolled in a ball, maybe add some spices. Not fancy at all. but filling and yummy.

Pizza

Post Thu, Mar 25 2010, 12:49 am
I always buy rice cakes and kitniyot cookies for erev pesach, so the kids dont feel like theres nothing to snack on.

We have had a meat stew for the past few years - meat, potatoes, onions, carrots, sweet potatoes and tomato sauce. I find it keeps people from getting too cranky and starving hungry, since we eat so late, with the seder...

JewishMother18

Post Thu, Mar 25 2010, 1:02 am
we have the same tuna pie that Hila mentioned but I cheat and make it with mashed potato mix - we don't eat anything that we eat at the seder so no eggs for us

I usually make a huge Israeli salad (without the parsley) to go with it and there are always packets of crisps on the table and cheese

a couple of bars of chocolate usually get eaten that afternoon too!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics