Home

Tollhose cake ala Redhot and Heavenly Crumb Cake questions

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

sa613

Post Posted: Sun, Mar 28 2010, 1:58 am       Post subject: Tollhose cake ala Redhot and Heavenly Crumb Cake questions
I'm ready to bake! Yay! I want to try the Tollhouse cake ala Redhot and there's been some discussion as to whether to double it or not for a disposable cake pan (slightly less than 9x13). I think most are saying don't double it for that size. Any last minute opinions? Also, I don't have the ingredients for the crumb topping to the Heavenly Crumb Cake. Does that really make the cake or can I go for a "Heavenly Crumbless Cake" with either nothing on top or maybe a sprinkle of cinammon and sugar?

ra_mom

Post Posted: Sun, Mar 28 2010, 2:01 am       Post subject: re: Tollhose cake ala Redhot and Heavenly Crumb Cake questio
I made redhot's original recipe. She suggests using a 9x13 pan for one recipe.
I made the cake in a 9x11 cake pan. The only thing I omited from her recipe was the baking powder.

chocolate moose

Post Posted: Sun, Mar 28 2010, 8:25 am       Post subject:
I make it in a 4 by 5. it's so small and doens't rise.
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Page 1 of 1