Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Jeffrey Stein Salon (UWS)

mrsERK

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 2:28 pm
I remember seeing a thread on here where someone recommended Jeffrey Stein Salon as a good place to get sheitels cut on the upper west side - I cant seem to find the thread - does anyone have a recommendation of a particular stylist and/or know the pricing?
Thanks!

cheeseblintz

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 2:46 pm
there are two stylists there that do sheitels -- both are great. the pricing is approx 60 for wash and set.

mrsERK

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 2:53 pm
Thanks! Do you know the names of the stylists?
Do they cut as well?

Coffee3

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 3:30 pm
I recommend Beauty Salon Plus on 97th and Bwy.
Sarah is the one I use. Its about 35.

momaleh

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 10:25 am
I went to JSS when I was single about 7 years ago, I was totally unimpressed - mediocre job and acted like they are top. BUt things could be different now.

mrsERK

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 12:37 pm
Thank you all for your help!
I was hoping to have my new fall by this week and be getting it cut asap BUT instead I heard from the sheitel macher that it got rejected by customs and couldnt make it into the country. So I guess I have some extra time to figure out what is the best place/most reasonable price.
Thanks again!

Yocheved84

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 12:42 pm
Sorry for being nosy, but I'm just curious: Why would it have gotten rejected?? I'm sorry to hear this happened to you!!

Lani22

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 12:45 pm
some people I know had a great experience there some not as good. I think if you can make it to brooklyn it might be worth the trip. there are alot of salons that specialize in wigs and they are much more familiar with what to do (and cheaper!)

mrsERK

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 1:03 pm
To be honest I have no idea why it got rejected. The sheitel macher said that it got to customs over pesach and that maybe if they had been able to reach her it would be gotten through but since she wasn't able to answer, it just got sent back. I really have no clue about these things I am just hoping to get it soon!

I am willing to shlep somewhere in Brooklyn if I know of a place that is really good... I'm new to all to all of this.... any advice is welcome!!

Yocheved84

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 1:07 pm
If I were you, before schlepping to Brooklyn, go browse the wigs at the store on the 2nd floor on Broadway at either 59th or 60th Street (across the street from the Trump Tower/A/C/E Columbus Circle Subway Entrance. It's by a Starbucks, a Lite Choice, and the Equinox.

At least get a feel for how it will feel on your head and try stuff on. Do it on a lunch hour. If you're interested, I can walk by tomorrow on my break and get you the name of the store.

mrsERK

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 3:14 pm
Thanks Yocheved!
Do you think I need to do this if I already ordered the fall? Would it make sense for me to bring it to whoever is cutting it and ask them to cut it like my real hair looks?

Yocheved84

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 3:51 pm
I'm not the most experienced in the area, but I just think you may enjoy seeing how different hairstyles look. Don't assume that you want your sheitel to look exactly like your current hair. If you try on wigs in different styles, you may be surprised and like a new style better!

(For example, my hair naturally looks like Bernadette Peters. I tried on a fall (extensions) that were straight and viola! I now love the straight look). So if I were you, go experiment and have fun. Smile Treat it like a "pampering session" where you can try stuff on and see....and afterwards, you can treat yourself to the kosher ice cream down the block. Smile

mrsERK

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 4:29 pm
Thanks that sounds great! Is it the type of place where I will feel bad tryin things on but not purchasing anything? If you could get me the name of the place that would be wonderful.

Yocheved84

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 4:30 pm
I remember them being very nice. I'll walk over tonight or tomorrow on my break and get the name for you Smile

mrsERK

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 9:39 pm
Thanks so much!

Yocheved84

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 2:02 pm
So I walked by the store yesterday, and I couldn't see the name of the sheitel store! It's in the building of 1841 Broadway, 60th and Bway. Hope this helps! Smile

mrsERK

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 4:17 pm
Thanks so much - I will take a look in the area over the weekend the scope the place out!

Maya

Post Thu, Apr 15 2010, 4:24 pm
Yocheved84 wrote:
So I walked by the store yesterday, and I couldn't see the name of the sheitel store! It's in the building of 1841 Broadway, 60th and Bway. Hope this helps! Smile

What kind of sheitels do they sell?

mrsERK

Post Tue, Apr 20 2010, 12:28 pm
As an update... just my luck - the fall came in (passed customs this time) but it was made wrong!! So It had to get sent back... ugh!
And to think when I ordered it I expected to have it by pesach!!!
Well at least the sheitel macher has been very sweet about the whole thing, I guess I just have to be patient.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries