Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Which lakewood neighborhood?

amother

Post Sat, Apr 17 2010, 11:20 pm
we are looking to move to lakewood. we have been hit from all sides about which neighborhood to move to and everyone has a different opinion. we are looking for a neighborhood that is diverse (both in type and in money levels), not yeshivish, and pretty (grass and trees, backyards, etc.). I like people who are real, not materialistic, non-judgmental, and simple in terms of lifestyle. in general, lakewood is probably too yeshivish for us so we are looking for a neighborhood where we will fit in. like if I want to ride bikes with my kids, people wont go nuts. and if I feel like wearing a denim skirt ill fit right in.
any ideas and suggestions?

imato5

Post Sat, Apr 17 2010, 11:54 pm
There is a house for sale on a quiet cul desac on st nicholas off of central ave. Its a great area, lots of normal down to earth people. U CAN EMAIL ME AT IMATO4@GMAIL.COM IF U HAVE Further questions

amother

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 12:06 am
The house off of Saint Nicolas first of all is not cheap. Next that neighborhood is so so so so judgemental no way could a girl ever go bike riding in that neighborhood you would be ostracized all the way. I have friends who live there it's definitely not the type of neighborhood that the op is looking for. Also it's on a cul-de-sac off of a busy road so you are just stuck in one little block on shabbos. Why would someone want to move there? The other side of St. Nicolas is a better area.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 12:09 am
what kind of neighborhood is this? any details regarding what I wrote before?
and what is this specific house like? do you know any details?

amother

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 12:10 am
op here.
I just saw the amother above me - you must have posted at the same time.
do you have any suggestions for areas I should look in?

amother

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 12:15 am
what about the chestnut neighborhood it is beautiful and the pple there are mostly not yeshivish.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 12:32 am
op here.
I dont want to offend anyone but I have heard that chestnut is a modern neighborhood.
nobody has been able to really explain to me what that means. what I consider to be "modern" may not be what these people have in mind. can you describe to me the type of people who live there?
(btw, I dont consider myself modern, maybe just more openminded, relaxed and not yeshivish.)

MrsDash

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 1:10 am
New England Village sounds like what you're talking about. It's a very diverse community with many houses for sale on nice quiet blocks and several shuls to pick from all within walking distance.

pina colada

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 1:35 am
I don't know lakewood very well, but raintree is a beautiful neighborhood, suburban looking, nice crowd, more baalbatish crowd.

imato5

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 7:58 am
The st nicholas area is not judmental. the house there is going for 499. its a 6 bedroom house. you really cant find that price anywhere. And living on a cul desac is great, much better than living on a real street. T HE KIDS PLAY FREELY THERE. but anyway, no matter where u go in lakewood it is very judgmentaland nearly impossible to get ur kids in school and nearly impossible to just be who u arE.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 9:43 pm
You're probably best off contacting a real estate agent. They'd do best in guiding you since they know what's on the market and they'll see what meets your needs. PM me for a great agent if you'd like who's really honest and down to earth and will tell you things straight-I bought my house through her. Also, aside for riding a bike and wearing a denim skirt and not being too yeshivish, how would you classify yourself? Raintree is a really nice area, though. More of a mix than Chestnut but lots of the same type there as well.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 20 2010, 11:35 pm
can someone tell me more about chestnut?

as far as classifying myself, I find it hard to do because I dont really fit a mold. I kind of like to do my own thing. I am strict on covering all my hair and being tznius according to halacha but not all the "sensitivities" that are out there. dh works but learns every day. we are simple, not into clothing, fancy cars, etc. im not sure what else you want. if you have any specific questions, ask.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating