Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What would you do if your child started to smoke?
Previous  1  2

Tamiri

Post Thu, Apr 22 2010, 9:56 pm
bnm wrote:
my kids will grow up knowing smoking isn't an option- I get a headache and nauses from the smell, I can detect when my husband sits next to a smoker in shul... I keep my windows closed most of the time because I live on top of offices and the people smoke under my windows..... during pregnancy I actually told people to smoke elsewhere, I was throwing up because of them.
I once lived in an apt over smokers and the smell of smoke made me ill. We got an air filter machine for our bedroom - that may help you as well.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 22 2010, 10:15 pm
I'd kill him! ok, I'm exagerrating but pretty close anyway!

Raisin

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 2:51 am
chocolate moose wrote:
ValleyMom wrote:

NO, I would take him to a radiation clinic where cancer patient go to get their treatment. Then I would ask someone with lung cancer or throat cancer to have a chat with him.

I know I sound harsh but my FIL is in the final stages of lung cancer so my children and I know first hand how slow and ugly and painful the disease is.

I watched two uncles die from emphysema, then my own father. Made no difference to my son. BUT he eventually gave it up, for which I was really happy!

Most kids thinks they're invincible.

ummm. why do you think he gave it up?

fiddle

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 3:18 am
I dont understand, there's only so much you can do to deter a child.

I was just talking to someone today and she said, mah laasot? she tried as best as she could, kids pick it up and no matter how much you show them death and dying it doesnt matter. no matter how many times someone is shown an OD case or a guy dying from AIDS sometimes it wont stop a kid, bc they can go and show you all the people who it didnt affect. I can show you billions of people who die in car accidents, r u gonna stop driving? I can show you a billion more who drive with no issues.....

same thing with smoking. yes we know smoking kills, but I can show you many many many people who lived to a ripe old age who smoked like a chimney, or millions of people that slept around before marriage and didnt end up pregnant or with AIDS.. some kids gonna are try it no matter what you say.. you can only hope they have a head to stop

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 8:58 am
Raisin wrote:
ummm. why do you think he gave it up?

He gave it up when he decided to. Which is the key word with older kids.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics