Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Car Seat/Booster Recommendations

miriamg

Post Sat, Apr 24 2010, 4:25 pm
My little one has outgrown his infant car seat and is ready to move into my older one's Evenflo Triumph (which I think is great), so I need to buy a new car seat for by almost 3 year old. I'd like a car seat/booster combination so that he can use it for a while (though I guess I'm open to non-boosters as well). We don't own a car and will only be using it in taxis and car rentals, if that makes a difference in your advice.

Requirements:
Nothing too expensive (no Britax).
Not too wide
Easy to tighten/release
Upper weight is not a consideration, but lower weight may be
FF only

Any recommendations?

Since I had such a good experience with Evenflo, I am considering the Generations car seat ($80 on sale at Amazon). Anyone have this one? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

mommyX2

Post Sat, Apr 24 2010, 8:57 pm
I heard the triumph's straps get tangled, is that true? also that the part that adjusts the straps sort of clicks as you do it so it may sometimes be a little big since you can't always tighten it to the next "click" or it would be to small. not sure you will understand what I'm referring to, but please let me know. also do you find that overall its a big carseat? will it fit in a small car? thanks.

chaylizi

Post Sat, Apr 24 2010, 9:51 pm
I have the Graco Nautilus for my 3 year old. I am very happy with it. I saw it for $155 at Target.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Sat, Apr 24 2010, 10:24 pm
chaylizi wrote:
I have the Graco Nautilus for my 3 year old. I am very happy with it. I saw it for $155 at Target.

Got this one for my 2 year old. I plan on using it till she outgrows it fully (65 lbs harnessed, I believe 100 lbs booster)

chaylizi

Post Sat, Apr 24 2010, 10:33 pm
I had to stop using the harness, because my dd figured out how to undo it (and other carseat harnesses as well). I have better luck with the seatbelt, because she can't reach the connector. I realize it isn't optimal, but at least I can keep her restrained in something.

miriamg

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 1:52 am
mommyX2 wrote:
I heard the triumph's straps get tangled, is that true? also that the part that adjusts the straps sort of clicks as you do it so it may sometimes be a little big since you can't always tighten it to the next "click" or it would be to small. not sure you will understand what I'm referring to, but please let me know. also do you find that overall its a big carseat? will it fit in a small car? thanks.

I haven't had any problems with the straps getting tangled. We used it daily for one year and infrequently for the past year. I actually really like the strap tightening mechanism. I found it much easier to release and tighten than the standard graco pull to tighten, press the lever and pull to release mechanism. I understand what you are referring to regarding the clicks, but I didn't find it to be a problem. However, it is a very big carseat (though I'm not sure that it's any bigger than the standard convertible), and we found that it is not comfortable for a third person to be squeezed between a Graco SnugRide and the Triumph in a Honda Accord.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 10:37 am
I would get the Nauti over the Generations. I have both. The harness adjuster of my Generations sticks sometimes. The Nauti will last longer, but it doesn't really matter as it can be passed down to your next one when he outgrows the Triumph, so not such a big deal.\
The Nauti is significantly more expensive though...For me it was worth it as we take long car trips and my son always complained in the Generations...the padding on the Nauti is more comfy for him. He also doesn't sweat as much in it. But your needs may be very different. If you don't take long car rides, I'm not sure the extra money is worth it (aside from the adjusting difficulties I had with my Generations).
Do check expiration dates to make sure you get the most out of your money. The Nauti goes for 7 years from manufacture, I believe. I can't remember if the Generations goes for 6 or 7.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics