Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Selling preg tests in israel

PinkandYellow

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 7:40 am
I'm in Israel and got a bunch of american preg tests for really cheap from my mom, who wants me to sell them so I can make $$ for myself on the side. Preg tests are expensive here so I can make decent $$ if I do it right (I think).

my problem is 2-fold:
1- preg tests are very private things, I prob can't advertise this at the bus stop or corner lamp post.
2- they are ame so don't have directions in hebrew so I'm just selling to the americans here.

So, how do I go about it? do I put up a sign in the mikveh? how do I make it descreet? am I better off having my dh do it thru the kollel guys (who are maybe less likely to be embarrassed than their wives)? advertise as a gemach that you pay for the item? word of mouth to my friends in my community?

Any ideas?

happyone

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 7:49 am
the Mikvah might be your best best. Every frum woman in childbearing years will frequent the mikvah at one point or another. Put up a sign at several mikvahs.
Hatzlocha.

shalhevet

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 11:15 am
happyone wrote:
Every frum woman in childbearing years will frequent the mikvah at one point or another.
Hatzlocha.

But not when she wants to buy a pregnancy test. Very Happy

mali

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 1:24 pm
mummyof6 wrote:
happyone wrote:
Every frum woman in childbearing years will frequent the mikvah at one point or another.
Hatzlocha.

But not when she wants to buy a pregnancy test. Very Happy
not necessarily!
But, altogether, pregnancy tests aren't so expensive here, if you have "bitu'ach mashlim" from your kupat cholim. I think I can get one for 15 shekels.

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, May 15 2006, 12:57 am
What is bituach mashlim? When I went to the pharmacy the tests were like 40 shek and now you can't get a blood test without a drs prescription.

realeez

Post Mon, May 15 2006, 1:02 am
Maybe you can sell them thru the mikvah - leave a bunch there and the attendant would keep the money in an envelope and you'd donate maaser back to them?

mali

Post Mon, May 15 2006, 1:05 am
MosheDovid'sMom wrote:
What is bituach mashlim?
Klalit Mushlam, Macabee Magen etc. If you get it at the Kupah, it's about half price. There are some that sell at 15-17 shekels.

amother

Post Tue, May 16 2006, 1:11 pm
How much do they cost here (if you just go and pick one up at the pharmacy)? And how much do they cost in the States?

(I'm newly married and in Israel for the year. I haven't need one...yet.)

DefyGravity

Post Tue, May 16 2006, 1:15 pm
Advertise them on ebay.

Post Tue, May 16 2006, 4:06 pm
personally, I wouldn't want to go to a private woman's house to buy a preg. test. I like to buy them as discreetely as possible.

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, May 17 2006, 12:42 am
613 wrote:
personally, I wouldn't want to go to a private woman's house to buy a preg. test. I like to buy them as discreetely as possible.

What if I left a bag on the door with the test in it and another for the person to put the money in and they would just have to call ahead?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, May 17 2006, 4:37 am
MosheDovid'sMom wrote:
613 wrote:

What if I left a bag on the door with the test in it and another for the person to put the money in and they would just have to call ahead?

but youd still know that that woman was going to be doing a preg test soon.
I agree with moshedovidsmom, that I like it to be as indescreet as possible. when I go to the pharmacy, I even wait till there is nobody by the counter when I ask for one. its a VERY private thing

queen

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 8:38 am
moshe dovid- how about asking if your local mikva would want to sell them for you (and make a portion of the profits) bec. most woman would feel highly sensitive and NOT buy from another woman, even if they don't know them. hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics