Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Graphic movie trailer
Previous  1  2

Does it bother you that an "R" rated trailer is posted
Yes  
 35%  [ 13 ]
No  
 48%  [ 18 ]
Don't care one way or the other  
 16%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 37

chanala

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 2:21 am
I think I voted yes but misunderstood - is it an ad?

supermom

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 4:51 am
motek maybe because this site anything that would show even a little bit of kissing even for a second or anything it is considered rated R I think it was more of a warning to the ones that don't like these types of things

tzivi

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 5:24 am
Why hasn't anyone even taken into consideration that on this site we have some young newly married girls who have come from relatively sheltered backgrounds. Why do they have to learn about this kind of thing from a supposedly frum tzniusdik ladies' forum? It is bad enough that this kind of smut is anyway out there in the world, but they should not have to see or learn about it from HERE!

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 12:49 am
Actually, I thought when it said it's rated R that it was a joke or something and I did click to watch it but averted my eyes for most of it.
I don't know if I would consider it rated R but did find it odd that someone that did consider it rated R posted it on a frum website. (If you didn't thnk it was rated R fine, but by posting the warning you agreed that you thought it was rated R and then why post it)? and you can have a discussion without posting the trailer.

Just my 2 cents.

Inspired

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 4:52 am
tzivi wrote:
Why hasn't anyone even taken into consideration that on this site we have some young newly married girls who have come from relatively sheltered backgrounds. Why do they have to learn about this kind of thing from a supposedly frum tzniusdik ladies' forum? It is bad enough that this kind of smut is anyway out there in the world, but they should not have to see or learn about it from HERE!

Why are these "married girls" on the internet? Do they have a special type of internet with which they can only visit imamother? If they are not capable of not clicking on something with a warning, that were mar their temimus they should not be on the internet. Sheltered children should not be on the internet. As one of my favorite bloggers points out: G-d gaves us necks so we can turn our heads. If you don't like it don't look.
I'm not dictating, of course, what should be on imamother.com, that is up to Yael. I'm just expressing my view and pointing out some faulty logic going on here.
If people think that video was a problem I remember some links to lingerie that were completely innapropriate for girls, why was that okay?

tzivi

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 8:22 am
lingerie versus not tzniusdik video???
what exactly is your point??
are you seriously putting the two into the same category??
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

queen

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 8:44 am
I think this has been discussed in detail.

Last edited by queen on Tue, May 23 2006, 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Inspired

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 8:44 am
No wonder Imamother posters have the rep they do.
Tzivi, have a great day. Very Happy
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics