Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Blisters on hands

misteray

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 1:43 pm
My 1 yo has had these pimples/blisters on his face and hands and mouth since last Sunday. I was at the dr. on Monday and he tested for strep (neg), said it wasn't chicken pox. Went back on Friday bec. it got worse and dr. tested for staph (neg.) and said it is probably coxsackie virus and it is not contagious after 5 days. plus, there is no treatment for it... But, he was not worried.

So, now it is Tuesday- he's had it for over a week- and though the ones on his face and mouth are fading away B"H, the ones on his hands are getting worse. I don't want to call the dr. again, bec. he will just say there is nothing to do, but wait...

Has anyone had this with their kids? What have you done?

Thanks!

drumjj

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 2:15 pm
its foot and mouth disease? and I heard its very contagious. but I dont know what to do about it sorry. why dont u google it

misteray

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 2:30 pm
I don't know... the dr. said it wasn't HFMD, but when I googled it- I saw that HFMD is a kind of coxsackievirus... So, now I am a bit confused.

But, he did say that it shouldn't be contagious anymore- so that is strange.

I think that I am just going to see how it is after a couple of more days, then call the dr. again- though I don't really want to go there again!

Tulip

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 2:32 pm
Unfortunately I Have a bit of experience with this. It can be quite painful for the victim. It needs to go away on its own. Motrin helps deal with the pain. Ices and Icecream are soothing. A solution mixed of Mylanta and Benadryl squirted around the mouth before eating is good too as an analgesic. Good luck and Refuah Sheleimah. It can take about 2 weeks to heal.

misteray

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 2:50 pm
Thanks Tulip. But, B"H it hasn't been hurting him at all. The dr. was quite surprised about it. He is even eating sour/citrusy things like grapfruits and oranges with no problem. Actually, I think it is bothering me more than him! (just gross to look at!)

But, it is good to know that it can take up to 2 weeks, I didn't realize that. Thanks!

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 12:35 am
Hand foot and mouth disease is not on the face. the sores would be in the mouth, palms and soles of the feet only, hence the name(also after a week the virus would have run its course). Chicken pox, can take up to 2 weeks to clear up, Take him back to the doctor, even if he'll say its nothing. Because if your worried you need to be reassured, and if it is getting worse, it needs to be seen.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 12:59 am
I'm in the medical field and I have had recent experience with this symptom with one of my children.

If you seen any eye involvement (redness in eye) or sores in the mouth call your doctor immediately!!

misteray

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 9:31 pm
B"H basically all the blisters were gone by Monday, though one or two are still in between his fingers.

Thanks for the advice, but I'm glad I didn't have to go back to the dr...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics