Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Pet Peeves in the car...

spoons

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 9:02 pm
cuz I just read the Ghost post and want to get my mind off of it!! Smile

when...
people don't put on their blinkers
people pull out of their spot right in front of me instead of waiting a second to get behind me- then proceed to go SO SLOWLY DOWN THE BLOCK!!
going sloooooww and then making the light but making me MISS IT!
honking during the millisecond between the Red light and the Green, or a millisecond after
going slow in the left lane

anyone else think they're a better driver than everyone else?? Smile

yo'ma

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 6:58 am
Since I'm usually the pedestrian, I'll say my pet peeves out of the car. This is mostly here anyay.
-not waiting for pedestrians to cross when they're turning
LOL that's all I can think of, but I'm going out later, maybe (hopefully not) I'll think of more.

spoons

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 1:57 pm
yeah, that's not good- sometimes people start turning cuz they want to do it before a car comes from the other side and they don't even think to look if it's a good time for the poor pedestrian crossing.

but on the ped. note: texting while walking super slow down the crosswalk Exploding anger

Beingreal

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 11:29 am
I walk and don't drive and its really annoying when a car is on in the driveway and the person doesn't back out so I think it's safe to walk past then they decide to back out!

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 11:33 am
When anyone leaves the car and SLAMS the door shut. With more energy than a quarterback.

As though a third dimension opened up and they must SLAM IT SHUT before we get invaded by pod people..

seeker

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 1:03 pm
Pedestrians who just don't understand street safety. I understand them, because I don't think I was as aware of these things before I became a driver. I remember the first time when I was a teenager and got yelled at for walking behind a car that was about to back up, I had no clue that the white rear lights means going backward. Now I wish this were a common part of safety education, super useful to know, I can't tell you how many times my heart stopped from close calls of people obliviously walking behind me as I'm backing into or out of a parking spot.
Also, don't run across the street when it's sunny because the sun in their eyes makes it HARDER for the driver to see you, it's not safer because it's in daylight.
Stop wearing black at night. Stop buying black winter coats for yourself, your husband, and your children - winter is davka when it's dark much of the afternoon and that much harder to watch out for people doing stupid things.

On the driver side, my pet peeve is when people don't cooperate and let you join a merge. Similar is when you're being courteous - nay, NORMAL - and letting the person on the other side merge in front of you, and then three more cars nudge in in front of you as well. Merging is about taking turns. And even if it's not an actual merge, you can be a little sympathetic to someone who realizes at the last minute that they were actually supposed to be in the exit lane, or that they are inadvertently in an exit only lane because there was no signage until too late. However, I have NO sympathy for someone who knows exactly where they are going but leaves the exit lane to bypass the line and then tries to cut in again right before the exit. Not nice.

heidi

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 1:59 pm
I live in Israel so my list of driving peeves is very very long.
My pet peeve however is the jerk who drives into oncoming traffic to pass the guy in front of him. I feel my blood pressure going up every time it happens.

grace413

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 2:06 pm
1. People who try to pass me on the right when I am stopped at a crosswalk to let pedestrians cross.

2. Commonly ignored rules of the road: the person inside the traffic circle has the right of way. The person going straight has the right of way over somebody trying to turn left.

As my mother says, They'll write "she had the right of way" on your tombstone" so I have to let these idiots have their way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics