Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Finally starting to get answers to my babys helth issues

Classicookie

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 11:59 pm
Today was my first appointment to find out my babies issues we had the ENT app today I had this feeling that she might need tubes and her tosils and adionds can be caseing problems so we got her hearing checked first and she did not pass. she has a lot of fluid build up in her ears so she needs tubes she has a speech delay ans is always pulling on her ears so we are gona do that on june 9th( has any one ever gotten kids tubes at 13 moths before)
then they did a test of sticking a camera up her nose to see her Adonis and totsles they are huge she has hardly any breathing space its freaky but the dr said doing surgery is a bit risky for her age so we are doing a sleep test to rule out sleep apnea and then take it from there. then we have her GI app coming up june 10 but I have herd large tonisle can make eating hard which can be why she is not gaining well I hope thats all its just so hard that my little baby is going through so much
I cant believe I have not checked out her congestion before now I never thought that was her issue but I am so happy I went and I hope we are gona be done with all this soon

elmos

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 12:12 am
wow!! that is alot I hope the GI goes well and at least you are finding answers don't beat yourself up you did what you thought you should till now. I fully relate to what you are going thru now starting this cyle with my 2nd child he is 10 weeks old and already losing instead of gaining here we go again.

gold21

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 12:43 am
mom2zahava, my son had pretty bad issues with congestion/ adenoids also. he was recommended for surgery 3 times, by 3 diff ENTs. (his adenoids were enlarged like ninety five percent acording to x-rays.) anyhow, have you considered food allergies? or acid reflux? My son is now off of dairy and soy products, and on Prevacid for reflux, and he is no longer is recommended for surgery B"H. :-) (his adenoids are only enlarged thirty percent). Definitely go do the surgery, as it sounds like you cant wait around at this point!, but at the same time maybe consider allergies and/or reflux to help things along.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 1:44 am
mom2zahava, I am so glad that you are finally getting some answers for your baby!
May these doctors be the right Shaliachim, and may your daughter get better quickly and thrive!
Hatzlacha with all the decisions and doctor appointments.
Btw, which ENT and which gastroenterologist?

(gold21, dd is off dairy and soy as well. Nothing to do with her adenoids though.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics