Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Kids starting fires

amother

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 3:19 pm
There are some kids in my neighborhood (frum) who's father just left them. They've been lighting many fires (I think their ages are between 7 and 10). They live across from me (I can see in their home) and the kids play on the balcony a lot. Their teacher lives next door to me and has a special close relationship. He really tries to protect them like his own children. They are over quite frequently, even when he is not there. He has tried to teach them about fire safety and watch out for them as best as possible. He's done the best he can (including speaking to their mother). However, despite these efforts, they are still lighting some fires, and today we had to call the fire department. They eighter didn't know how to put it out or left it or soemthing. At the time we didn't know it was the kids who lit it. I smelled smoke, went onto my balcony, saw the kids on my neighbors balcony, so ruled that out. I pointed to the smoke and they went inside, told my neighbor, and she went down to investigate. The kids refused to go with her. She came back to tell me that she called the fire dept. but the kids went home. Later my neighbor and I figured concluded that they did it, based on their actions and body language. At this point, we don't know what to do. Do you have any good advise?
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics