Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Free summer program in israel for girl becoming frum

26teach

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 2:02 am
Does anyone know where she can learn for free? Maybe aish ?

jackiejoel3

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 2:11 am
How far along the path is she? Does she need inspiration and explanation or is she ready for a sem experience. There are tons of thinsg out there. When does she want to come? Also what is her personality. Is she going to question everything or is she looking more for direction and wants someone to tell her what to do?

mimivan

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 2:39 am
there's a free place called Malchus...it is Chabad-run, but classes are all in English...if she understands English
in the same buildng is Ohr Chaya with classes in Hebrew....she can pay for individual classes. I stayed in the Dorms a few years back and found tuition very reasonable.

shabri

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 2:48 am
How old? Aish has several programs. Most are not free but very cheap. Depending on her interest you might want to check out Fellowships or Jewel

shalhevet

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 2:50 am
What about Neve Yerushalayim? How old is she?

mha3484

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 10:04 am
Does she do NCSY? They have tons of programs if she is in that age group.

26teach

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 2:12 pm
she is around 20 she did one year volunteer/learning in israel I forgot the name of the place but I think it was modern orthodox. and now she just finished her first year of college. so she graduated highschool 2yrs ago. her family is traditional and she went to ncsy in highschool so she knows the basics but she has a lot of questions and learning to do still. I was thinking of aish or neve but I went to their websites and it looks like it costs a lot. she already left for israel and she will be there for over a month so she is looking to lean something while she is there. if anyone knows of any free or very cheap classes that she can go to learn that would be great. she has to pay for this herself and she is a student so she doesnt have a lot of money.

yaeli83

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 2:17 pm
I have worked for both Jewel- aish ha torah, and Neve. Both have scholarships and are willing to work with the students. Please PM me if you want specifics about both programs. I have a lot of knowledge on both.

yaelinIN

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 8:54 pm
She (or you) should look at the MASA program. It will pay for her to go to a yeshiva/seminary.

http://www.masaisrael.org/masa/english/

Hatzlacha!

26teach

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 10:55 am
Thank you for your help!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics