Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Need info on sensory gyms in Boro Park please

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 2:10 pm
I would very much appreciate any info you have regarding any sensory gyms located in Boro Park.

Thanks!

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 9:35 pm
Bump!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 9:58 pm
I think I mentioned this to you, but I'll post the information as I don't see anyone else responding.

Pathways on 63rd Street between 16 & 17 is amazing.

Children's Place on 15th Ave and 40th Street is great. When I tried getting a spot they told me they could only put new applicants in a day time slot (during school hours.) That didn't work for me. But try your luck.

Maybe edit your thread title and add something about OT as well, as I'm not sure how many people actually know what a sensory gym is.

bnm

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 10:19 pm
how does it work? do I need a prescription or a letter from a therapist?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 10:27 pm
bnm wrote:
If your child gets OT therapy you can request to have the therapy done at a sensory gym. (Through the Board of Ed. Possibly through EI as well. Not sure.)

bnm

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 10:34 pm
ra_mom wrote:
bnm wrote:
If your child gets OT therapy you can request to have the therapy done at a sensory gym. (Through the Board of Ed. Possibly through EI as well. Not sure.)

thanks for the info. hopefully she will get approved, waiting for the meeting.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 10:40 pm
bnm wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
bnm wrote:

thanks for the info. hopefully she will get approved, waiting for the meeting.
If she does get approved, and you would like to take her to a sensory gym, then ask for it at the meeting. After that it can get complicated, because the contract will already be signed over to an agency.
My suggestion though is to take the EI OT therapy at home, and Daven that you get a great therapist who is very good with sensory issues. Therapy at home is easier, and the therapist can get a lot done there, bringing as much equipment as needed.
If your child still needs OT therapy when she is 3, through the Board of Ed, I would highly recommend that you take her to a sensory gym if possible, over her getting the therapy at school. At school they have nowhere to stretch out, the therapists can only bring so much equipment, and they usually end up working only on fine motor skills.

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 10:54 pm
Hm...Ds goes to a wonderful sensory gym in Tribeca--Support by Design. (and there are lots of Williamsburg children there...)
He was getting OT services at home and we had his IFSP to be changed to an "in office/center" location.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 11:32 pm
Sensory Freeway - I think it's closer to Dyker Heights, but still in close proximity to BP.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries