Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Do you have diff. kids in diff. schools?

amother

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 1:26 am
I mean of the same gender. We'll be sending our DS to a different school than his brother. I wonder how common this is and what your reason was.

ROFL

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 6:19 am
Yes my DD's went to different schools. I live out of brooklyn and it was hard since the younger one had to travel. It was worth it. She did not fit into the "box" the school needed and I wanted her to be happy in school

Isramom8

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 6:56 am
One kid went to a special ed cheder, where none of his brothers went.

Twice we put a kid in a different gan from the system the other kids were in, once because the usual one didn't have his age group when we needed to send him, and once because my friend convinced me to send to another gan where a mutual friend was the teacher.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 7:22 am
Yes, my youngest is in a different school because he's only 2 1/2 and where he goes is more convenient for me. Once he gets a little older, I plan on sending him to where my other children are, it's frummer. This is only if I'm still living here Wink . Smile

mommyofnineka

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 7:25 am
My boys went to different schools - at one point the 4 of them were at 3 different schools. It was mostly b/c we moved and it made sense to move 2, but we couldn't find one place that had room for both of them. Now the oldest has been in a different school and the other 3 in the same place. It has worked out really well for us b/c the first 2 are very close in age and #2 was living in the shadow of #1 - now, he is really his own person and it has made their relationship stronger.

Mrs Bissli

Post Fri, Jun 11 2010, 8:06 am
most families I know tend to send the siblings of the same gender to the same school on following reasons.

- Most jewish schools here are oversubscribed. BUT the schools give priority for younger siblings of existing pupils.
- Logistically easier to arrange drop-off/pick-ups.
- You can "recycle" uniforms among siblings.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics