Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Frum female singers who are off the radar?
Previous  1  2  3

mosma

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 12:44 pm
neshama carlbach

onlyme

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 1:13 pm
Anyone heard of Rochel Miller lately?

mimivan

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 2:38 pm
Hatemywig wrote:
Devorah Hasofer

I agree..she is one who should be better known...
her son is the Chabad rapper DeScribe...

songbird

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 3:15 pm
CAROLINE COHEN!!!!!!!!!!

Many people know Malky Giniger by her maiden name, Taub. :-)

Love Rochel Miller - I was in her concerts as a kid, and she was my first voice teacher. A person as special as her voice.

songbird

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 3:18 pm
Do you all think there is a demand for more female singers?

onlyme

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 3:34 pm
songbird wrote:

Love Rochel Miller - I was in her concerts as a kid, and she was my first voice teacher. A person as special as her voice.

Really? That was my secret dream as a young girl, to be in Rochel Miller's concerts. Never did anything about it though.

songbird

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 3:37 pm
That's adorable ;-) You should have auditioned! I loved it - one of my favorite childhood memories. Was in it twice.

immarudy

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 6:33 pm
married21 wrote:
Hey Tamar,
Have you performed in the Zir Chemed productions? Your name sounds somewhat familiar…

(If I have the right person)-
I watched some of their DVD’s; your voice is beautiful, powerful and very pleasant to listen to. Very Happy

Does your CD have original songs?

Hi! yes, that's me! Surprised)
thanks so much!!

my cd is mostly original songs written by women here in my community (ramat beit shemesh). there are some traditional ones as well. there is also a really nice medley of songs that I sing in english and then sing translated in hebrew...songs the kids really love and know so it's nice for them to learn it in hebrew too! it also has several instrumental tracks so mommy can sing too!

bashinda

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 8:36 pm
songbird wrote:
CAROLINE COHEN!!!!!!!!!!

What happened to her? Haven't heard of her lately.

immarudy

Post Fri, Jun 11 2010, 9:26 am
bashinda wrote:
songbird wrote:
CAROLINE COHEN!!!!!!!!!!

What happened to her? Haven't heard of her lately.

caroline cohen got married, lives in yerushalayim. recently had a baby I believe, so not very active singing.

I wish I could take voice lessons with her, she is amazing. I've never taken lessons.

married21

Post Fri, Jun 11 2010, 10:06 am
immarudy wrote:
married21 wrote:
Hey Tamar,
Have you performed in the Zir Chemed productions? Your name sounds somewhat familiar…

(If I have the right person)-
I watched some of their DVD’s; your voice is beautiful, powerful and very pleasant to listen to. Very Happy

Does your CD have original songs?

Hi! yes, that's me! Surprised)
thanks so much!!

my cd is mostly original songs written by women here in my community (ramat beit shemesh). there are some traditional ones as well. there is also a really nice medley of songs that I sing in english and then sing translated in hebrew...songs the kids really love and know so it's nice for them to learn it in hebrew too! it also has several instrumental tracks so mommy can sing too!

Yups,
Right after I posted, I noticed that you had an introduction thread with your info and all that Wink

Hatzlocha on your CD, I’m sure it’s a pleasure to listen to.

married21

Post Fri, Jun 11 2010, 10:32 am
songbird wrote:
CAROLINE COHEN!!!!!!!!!!.

At a Zichron Shlomo production a couple of years ago, they had a videotape of Caroline Cohen singing “Mama Rochel”. She said as an introduction that she was getting married in the near future and therefore she couldn’t make it in person (I think she lived in England at that time).
The crowd was wowed by her voice!

rise above

Post Fri, Jun 11 2010, 11:02 am
[quote="immarudy]
I wish I could take voice lessons with her, she is amazing. I've never taken lessons.[/quote]

You never took lessons ?? Wow, your voice sounds like you were majorly professionally trained! What a talent. Beautiful, strong and major range going on there. We love your parts in tzir chemed. Came to watch it live in NY this year and loved seeing the real thing. Gluck with your CD.

immarudy

Post Sat, Jun 12 2010, 2:21 pm
rise above wrote:
[quote="immarudy]
I wish I could take voice lessons with her, she is amazing. I've never taken lessons.

You never took lessons ?? Wow, your voice sounds like you were majorly professionally trained! What a talent. Beautiful, strong and major range going on there. We love your parts in tzir chemed. Came to watch it live in NY this year and loved seeing the real thing. Gluck with your CD.[/quote]

wow, thanks! I wish I could take lessons....very expensive though! but I appreciate your compliments!! glad you enjoyed the show!! unfortunately, there'll be none this year... Crying

songbird

Post Sat, Jun 12 2010, 3:16 pm
Caroline does give lessons to a lucky few. PM me for more info.

Why isn't there being a show? So disappointed! I wanted to audition ... and then got pregnant!!! lol.

immarudy

Post Sat, Jun 12 2010, 5:14 pm
songbird wrote:
Caroline does give lessons to a lucky few. PM me for more info.

Why isn't there being a show? So disappointed! I wanted to audition ... and then got pregnant!!! lol.

yeah, but I can't afford it! Wink

chayelle and rikki are taking a break. it's a LOT of work for the show every year.
have you been in any of their shows?

at least it'll give me time to promote my cd and get working on my next one.....

songbird

Post Sat, Jun 12 2010, 5:47 pm
Nope, I've been in the US ...

Hatzlacha!

BestMomBrooklyn

Post Sat, Jun 12 2010, 10:12 pm
Dana Mase
Ashira

I would love to form a Monday night kumzitz group in my home. Anybody welcome to PM me.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics