Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Have u been in Europe for a visit

LL

Post Sun, Jun 04 2006, 5:09 pm
Have anyone here been in Europe for a visit? I want to go there with DH, but still didn't find nice and not expansive place. East Europe would be better, because I live there. Have you any suggestions?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jun 04 2006, 5:57 pm
Yes, can I viist you nest time?

LL

Post Sun, Jun 04 2006, 6:28 pm
of course, saraG, no problem

besimcha

Post Sun, Jun 04 2006, 6:36 pm
How about Prague? Beautiful city with a lot of Jewish history (and also has kosher restaurants etc), and it's really not expensive.

cindy324

Post Sun, Jun 04 2006, 9:57 pm
How about Hungary, plenty of kosher food, bakeries, couple of restaurants in Budapest, lot of Kevarim to visit, beautiful city, with a huge and magnificent orthodox shul, don't know about the price though...

batya_d

Post Sun, Jun 04 2006, 11:43 pm
cindy324 wrote:
How about Hungary, plenty of kosher food, bakeries, couple of restaurants in Budapest, lot of Kevarim to visit, beautiful city, with a huge and magnificent orthodox shul, don't know about the price though...

I stayed at a kosher hotel in Budapest called The King David or something like that-- it wasn't terribly expensive, and the food was very good.

I do prefer Prague though for sightseeing, and there are plenty of kosher options there as well.

girliesmommy

Post Mon, Jun 05 2006, 5:32 am
What Kosher options are there in Prague? When I went last summer I was told to bring my own food as you can't buy anything there. Whose supervision is the food under? But, it is a beautiful place to tour with lots to see!

Meema2Kids

Post Mon, Jun 05 2006, 10:26 am
We visited Amsterdam a few years ago. It was beautiful. I think they have kosher food and restaurants, but not sure who supervises them. We saw the Anne Frank house, Jewish museum, art museum, toured the canals, it was wonderful.

batya_d

Post Mon, Jun 05 2006, 11:58 am
girliesmommy wrote:
What Kosher options are there in Prague? When I went last summer I was told to bring my own food as you can't buy anything there. Whose supervision is the food under? But, it is a beautiful place to tour with lots to see!

http://www.kosherprague.com/ko......html

The info on schechita and supervision is listed on the page.

girliesmommy

Post Mon, Jun 05 2006, 3:04 pm
Thanks... I guess the King Solomon one is new, because last summer the Chabad Shluchim said there wasn't anything there. Thanks for the link!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics