Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
9 year old dd wet the bed!!!

amother

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 12:46 am
My 9 year old daughter, who has been trained at night since she was 3 years old, and has never had a single nighttime accident since then, just wet her bed last night! I didn't make a big deal out of it at all (although she was plenty embarrassed) but I'm a little bit concerned about her. Should I be worried about anything?

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 12:52 am
It could be a bladder infection.
It could be the sign of a virus.
It could be the sign of a recent emotional trauma.

If she is otherwise okay, and has not had an emotional trauma that you know about, I would just tell her that it happens to everyone, don't worry.

If it keeps up, then you first go to her doctor, s/he'll give a physical to rule out any medical issue. If there is a medical issue treat.

If not, then you need to figure out if something is bothering her; it could be a range of things, from seeing something that she didn't understand to other issues.

JollyMommy

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 1:08 am
I have an embarrassing story, but I don't mind posting- it'll make you feel better probably. when I was around 9 I slept at someone else's house. I the morning I was still asleep and someone had turned on the water, I was dreaming of fish swimming and peed. I was so embarrassed- but it didn't happen before and never happened since then. if it's a one time thing I wouldn't worry at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics