Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Need someone to pick up a police report

penguin

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 1:46 pm
My daughter was in a fender bender in Williamsburg, but she lives in NJ. She needs someone to go in to the police station at the 79th precinct - 263 Thompkins and pick up the police report. There is no way the y will mail it, someone must come in person, with a notarized letter from her.

Does anyone know of some kind of service that will do such an errand for a fee?

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 2:09 pm
I'd be h appy to notarize for you.

penguin

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 2:35 pm
Thanks, CM, we can get it notarized locally. We need someone in Brooklyn to go in to the police station with the notarized letter.

The station seems to be located between downtown Brooklyn on the west, Bushwick on the east, Bedford-Suyvesant in the south, and Williamsburg in the north.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 5:15 pm
that's not a fabulosu part of the city. You might have to pay a courier.

bubby

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 5:20 pm
Any WB amothers near that station?

bubby

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 5:23 pm
Actually, I may have to go near there next week to the bodyshop place we use. If you PM me your phone # I'll let you know when (I'm flexible so I can wait till you get the letter to me) If DH goes I'll let you know so you can put his name on. Hopefully, though, a WB amother who lives nearby can go before.

Maya

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 5:43 pm
bubby wrote:
Actually, I may have to go near there next week to the bodyshop place we use. If you PM me your phone # I'll let you know when (I'm flexible so I can wait till you get the letter to me) If DH goes I'll let you know so you can put his name on. Hopefully, though, a WB amother who lives nearby can go before.

It's not part of "Chassidish" Williamsburg. I highly doubt anyone on here lives near there. Like CM said, it's a bad part of town. But I can ask my husband to drive me there one day next week, if you PM me with the info.

penguin

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 6:09 pm
I think I would gladly pay a courier, if somebody can recommend a reliable one.

Does anyone know if we can fax the notarized letter or if it needs to be an original?

bubby

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 7:44 pm
It must have original signatures, yours & the notary's. Better use blue ink, I've had people say everything's a copy when I wrote in black.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 8:08 pm
One of our tenants is a full time courier; I can find out his phone number if you want to send him. PMme on Monday.

Didi

Post Sat, Jun 19 2010, 3:03 pm
My husband used to work in that area when we lived in NY, he knows almost everyone in that Police Station. We are coming in to NY in a week, don't know how long you can wait. But if it can wait till the begining of July or you have not found anyone yet, feel free to PM me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries