Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
How did you get used to a warmer climate?

imato5

Post Sat, Jun 19 2010, 6:58 pm
Ok I admit it, I do not like the heat, but we are planning to move to Florida next year. Im so excited about the move. But im nervous about the heat. People say I will get used to it. Any advice?

yo'ma

Post Sat, Jun 19 2010, 7:01 pm
I would think it's harder to get used to a colder climate, not warmer. Maybe because I'm from NY, where it's both. Sorry, no advice, except hatzlacha on the move!!

Nuts

Post Sat, Jun 19 2010, 8:55 pm
Florida sounds exciting! I don't think its gonna be too hard. You'll have a milder winter with beautiful weather. And in the summer when it's hot in NY anyway, you'll have a bit hotter summers. But you'll get have great weather all-in-all!

alpidarkomama

Post Sat, Jun 19 2010, 8:57 pm
We just moved from a cool place to Georgia. I, much to my bafflement, am actually enjoying the weather (!). I guess I associate the hot, steamy weather with a lot of very joyful times in my past, so I just feel really at home in it... I also did NOT like hot days in our former city (and hot days, as in above 90, were relatively rare). But here, well, can't explain it, but I'm thriving. Of course, we have plenty of a/c. Smile

alpidarkomama

Post Sat, Jun 19 2010, 8:58 pm
Oh, yes, and the rest of the year... NICE! Smile B"H!

solo

Post Sat, Jun 19 2010, 10:30 pm
I cant imagine getting used to that kind of heat and humidity. but ull learn to deal with it. I spent my time in airconditioned places. and when I was out always had water and paper towels to keep myself feeling and looking cool. everones in the same boat. which helps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics