Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Orthopedic Surgeon

Fabulous

Post Thu, Jun 17 2010, 9:07 pm
My mother needs a top notch orthopedic surgeon for her foot. She would prefer not to use a dr affiliated with Maimonides. Anyone use someone they highly recommend? Btw, she has GHI, in case anyone knows if they take that insurance as well (not so important because I can just call their office and ask). TIA.

OheivYisrael

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 6:52 am
Yes!

The Ranawat Orthopedic Center (part of Lenox Hill Hospital on the Upper East Side). Dr. Ranawat is one of the world leaders in orthopedic replacements (if not the top expert). My mother had both of her hips replaced there, because she wanted the BEST. She also found them much nicer than the orthopedists she was referred to locally.

Dr. Ranawat doesn't really operate anymore, so my mother had her son instead, but his father was in the room with him.

I can even tell you that they take GHI. Because that was what my mom had.

If you're in NJ, I know that my friend's father is a very well-respected orthopedist there. Let me know if you're interested in that info.

Fabulous

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 1:21 pm
thank you so much! Do you by any chance have their number?

bubby

Post Fri, Jun 18 2010, 1:57 pm
I PERSONALLY was operated on by Dr. Menezes @ Methodist when I shattered my ankle or something. He is THE BEST. I didn't need any physio at all afterward, & I had full mobility within a month after the second operation to remove the pins. Not only is he a great surgeon, he is a mentsch.

When I had my accident I called my friend's DH who is an ortho PA & he recommended him. Hope your Mom gets the best treatment wherever she goes!

718 788 7600.

OheivYisrael

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 6:12 am
Ranawat Orthopaedics
Hospital for Special Surgery

535 East 70th Street,
New York, NY 10021

Tel: 646-797-8700

Email: info@ranawatorthopaedics.com

bnm

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 6:19 am
Dr. Feldman from Joint Disease
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries