Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Airline mileage

babygirl

Post Mon, Jul 05 2010, 2:47 pm
anyone know how to use points for airline tickets? I want a ticket from tlv to jfk and have starwood points....I cant figure out how it all works, what the best way to do it would be. Thanks a ton!

wtvr

Post Mon, Jul 05 2010, 3:47 pm
Check out dansdeals.com. He has it all figured out. Do a search.

ganizzy

Post Mon, Jul 05 2010, 6:05 pm
call americal airlines, delta, united...
see if they have any award tickets for the dates u want (on some airlines u can check online) they should also check partner airlines for you.

aa generally has the best availibility for the least miles needed but they dont show partner award options online, so u have to call them.

once u have the award ticket u want, try having it put on hold for you.
then call starwood and have them transfer the points into the airline ull be flying with. remember that for ecery 20,000 pts you transfer they will add 5,000. so if u need 50,000 u inly need to transfer 40,000.

it should take about a week or less to post and then u can book the award ticket

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Jul 05 2010, 6:05 pm
if I recall, you can either redeem SPG points directly into flights or convert them first into airline mileage. The former won't have black out period but you'll need lots of mileage for international flights. (again, IIRC, they determine how many points you need by ticket prices). The latter will "stretch" your SPG points better but obviously you'll be subject to blackout period.

I just checked spg.com, you'll need 75k points for flying with one stop on Turkish Airlines, 85k non-stop on DL or ElAl for non-peak period.

My understanding is that SPG points are worth more used for hotel night stay.

babygirl

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 1:13 am
thanks for all your replies I checked out dansdeals but its too confusing for me! I only have like 40000 spg points so dont know if it will get me a ticket!

Funmommy

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 4:22 pm
Maybe ask for help in the dansdeals forums
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics