Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Feel guilty - let dd go in unheated pool

amother

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 10:52 pm
My dd is only 17 months and went swimming outdoors in an unheated pool and now has a bad cold and cough. It must be related.
I figured it was ok because it was 100 degrees outside but she must have been cold.
She is up crying and uncomfortable now. I have to get her checked by dr. tomorrow. Do you think she is also contagious now, I have another child who cannot get sick.

mindyme

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 12:05 am
Refuah Shelaima to her.
I'm sure you realize that colds are caused by viruses, not cold pools. Also, if you went today, she can't get sick that fast! If she was already coming down with something, this didn't help, but kids go in such pools all the time, and don't get sick. So don't beat yourself up over this, OK?

Your dd is likely contagious with whatever she has, so try to isolate her if you don't want the other(s) to get it. Good luck!

estibesty

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 12:12 am
I doubt she got sick from the pool every mommy put there little kids in freezing water today she prob coming down with a little virus nothing you did to her

bnm

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 12:56 am
I didn't even put my daughter in a pool, just stuck her in a bucket of water, (think mop pail and neigel vasser shissel plus some others that she plaid with) and no namby pamby warming up water today or preparing pool 2 hours in advance, water straight from the hose....... she loved it. I'll let you know tomorow about colds!

seeker

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 4:43 am
Why in the world would a cold "must be" related to a little dip in a cold pool? Colds come from germs and usually need to incubate for a bit before symptoms begin.

I am not so old but when I was a kid there was almost no such thing as a heated pool. You heard of them but it was an unseen luxury. Kids of all ages played in the usually freezing cold pool in all kinds of summer weather and nobody worried.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics