Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Son has pain in his n*pples

amother

Post Mon, Jul 05 2010, 11:17 pm
Ds went swimming for a while yesterday. Today he went swimming again. Both times he felt pain in his nipples. anyone know what this is about?

Iluvmykids

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 1:33 am
how old is your son?

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 1:36 am
Did he tell you he was in pain, or was it just discomfort? Is it possible that he was cold and as such, felt discomfort there?

amother

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 8:15 am
he is 10 be"h.

he told me it was hurting there, and on both days after the pool. What

amother

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 10:05 am
One of my sons had that also, before puberty. It's fairly common for boys to develop a sensitivity in that area and it can last a few months or even a few years. They can look inflamed also.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 10:25 am
amother wrote:
One of my sons had that also, before puberty. It's fairly common for boys to develop a sensitivity in that area and it can last a few months or even a few years. They can look inflamed also.
Oh thanks. My son is 14 and complaining about soreness there too. His physical checkup is coming up in a month, and I'll ask the dr. anyway. Your post was of reassurance.

I'm not the op, btw.

Iluvmykids

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 9:07 pm
My son who is 11 3/4 was also complaining. Nothing to do with swimming though. I mentioned it to the dr. by his well visit and he told me that when the hormones for growth start to kick in it can be felt there similar to girls, and that it is completely normal and would stop when he finishes his maturity or before, and that it might get worse before it gets better.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 9:39 pm
Iluvmykids wrote:
My son who is 11 3/4 was also complaining. Nothing to do with swimming though. I mentioned it to the dr. by his well visit and he told me that when the hormones for growth start to kick in it can be felt there similar to girls, and that it is completely normal and would stop when he finishes his maturity or before, and that it might get worse before it gets better.

Did none of you feel these pains when you hit puberty?

mindyme

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 10:26 pm
Did this happen while swimming, or after?
Perhaps teh water was cold, or he felt cold after, and his n*pples were contracting. This prob felt uncomfortable, hence the "pain".
Prob best to ask your DR.

Iluvmykids

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 10:26 pm
life'sgreat
"Did none of you feel these pains when you hit puberty? "
I think she meant as women it is expected but a bit surprising to have pain in a BOY.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 10:29 pm
Iluvmykids wrote:
life'sgreat
I think she meant as women it is expected but a bit surprising to have pain in a BOY.

It isn't surprising. Even though they don't grow breasts, their body changes as well.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 10:15 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
Iluvmykids wrote:
life'sgreat

It isn't surprising. Even though they don't grow breasts, their body changes as well.

op here, a boy having pain in his nipples after swimming, why would I even think it was related to puberty?

if he complains again I will discuss with pediatrician
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics