Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Bed Wetting HELP

amother

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 10:04 am
Anyone know of a successful way to help bed wetting. My daughter is six and she had two accidents Motzei Shabbos...one before and one after I took her to the bathroom... that's just one of the many bed wetting nights. HELP! for her sake and for mine I want to help it stop asap. Thanks in advance

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 10:22 am
DS is six and never stayed dry @ night. We got him the malem ultimate (gold) alarm and have been using it for a month and a half. he is now staying dry most nights, and only slightly damp on the nights he isnt dry. I highly recommend it

amother

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 10:37 am
op here. thanks !

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 10:53 am
no problem. Ive been waiting to rave about this product to someone. I can show you his progress chart (included with the alarm) It shocked me how quickly it worked, esp since before hand he was wetting through his pullup most nights.
There are different levels of alarm. The ultimates all have sound and vibration. I got the gold, which has 8 different sounds and rotate randomly so the child doesnt get used to one sound. DS is a heavy sleeper, so that was necessary. There is a switch that change change the setting from "alarm" vibrate" to "alarm only" or "vibrate only". We ended up with 'alarm only' since that is what he felt most comfortable with.

The child will need help getting up when the alarm goes off, especially at first. So you or your husband (or take turns) will need to get up with the child. The alarm isnt so loud (people complain about it not being louder, so the parents can get woken up from far away, but come on- its right next to your kids ear. To make it louder would only hurt the childs hearing) so if your room isnt nearby and you have a baby monitor, you may want to use it.

The only other issue is Shabbos, of course. At the beginning we put him in a pull up for Shabbos, but then I realized that even if he was dry most nights, during Shabbos nights he was still using the pull-up. His body was subconsciously using at a crutch. So 2 Shabboses ago we just put him to bed in underwear and hoped for the best- and he was fine.

This past Shabbos marked a milestone. It was his 2nd time staying dry without the alarm, so we told him the next might (motzei shabbos) not to put it on. he has now had 3 alarm-free dry nights. This is since the end of May (with 2 camping trips in the middle)

amother

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 11:14 am
op here. so happy for you BH. do u limit his drinks in the evening or is it not needed? Also, have you (or anyone else) heard of/ tried homeopathic remedies?

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 11:16 am
we still limit drinking, although not as severely as we did before and we stress him going to the bathroom before bed. This is still a process, and we will be letting have a bit more liquids a bit alter, a little at a time.

Never tried homeopathic. The alarm is non-invasive-non painful. Works for me

amother

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 11:23 am
Smile

amother

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 11:36 am
any other ideas?? please please
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics