Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What does chicken pox look like?

onlyme

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 12:34 pm
2 days ago I discovered 3 little red dots, in 3 different places, on DD (15 months old). Over the past 2 days they've gotten bigger and filled with pus. Can this be chicken pox? What else can it be?

drumjj

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 12:42 pm
yes it could be chicken pox why dont u google it?

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 12:44 pm
It could be. They usually start on the tummy & trunk. Bring her to the doctor to confirm what it is.

c.c.cookie

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 12:45 pm
I would say you should go to a doctor no matter what, if it looks infected. It could be chicken pox, or it could be impetigo, which also needs to be treated. Either way - go to a doctor.

Last edited by c.c.cookie on Thu, Jul 15 2010, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

onlyme

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 12:46 pm
You're right, I should take her to the doctor, I just know I'll feel silly if it ends up being nothing...

c.c.cookie

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 12:48 pm
onlyme wrote:
You're right, I should take her to the doctor, I just know I'll feel silly if it ends up being nothing...

I can totally understand you, I always have the same issue. But better be embarrassed than feel guilty if you really should have gone.

BinahYeteirah

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 1:11 pm
Chicken pox does not usually need to be treated, unless there are unusual symptoms. I suppose you will go anyway; I did since I wanted it on record that my kids had had chicken pox. If you want to look it up, go to google.com, click on the "Images" link in the top left corner, and search for "chicken pox". You will get tons of images. You can search for "impetigo", too.

Kugel lover

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 4:25 pm
yups, it sounds like chicken pox. My 2 kids just had it a few weeks ago (my baby was 2.5 weeks old when he had it)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics