Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
THE DA VINCI CODE
Previous  1  2

Rivka

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 9:47 am
Brilliant book and the fact you all seem to arguing whether it's fact or fiction just shows his geniousity.
He puts a tiny bit of truth into it and then the rest is made up, but it's amazing.
Very thrilling really.

Ruchel

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 7:53 pm
Dh and I both read it and liked it. My parents are against this kind of books because they say it puts weird ideas into people's heads Tongue Out

imale

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 10:21 am
imale wrote:

I really enjoyed it, Angels and Demons was better though.....

flippinout

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 11:33 am
Great book!! Im sure the movie will be a big hit!!

cindy324

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 12:32 pm
I just finally read it after sitting on my bookshelf for the past year!

I absolutely loved it. I was sad to get to the end. Definitely very well written, keeps you on the edge of your seat. I'm gonna try Angels and Demons next.

Can't wait to see the movie.

amother

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 2:10 pm
I loved all his books (Digital Fortress was my least favorite though) and was so excited when I found out like a year ago that they are making a movie. I'm in aveilus and can't go to movies this year, and I'm already on shpilkes waiting for it to come out on DVD.

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 3:25 pm
cindy324 wrote:

Can't wait to see the movie.

Same here, also I really dislike the actress. Too bad it's her.

cindy324

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 7:10 pm
Quote:
I really dislike the actress. Too bad it's her.

Oh, right she's french, I don't think any of us heard of her here in America. I guess we'll have to judge for ourselves.

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 04 2006, 8:54 pm
cindy324 wrote:
Quote:
I really dislike the actress. Too bad it's her.

Oh, right she's french, I don't think any of us heard of her here in America. I guess we'll have to judge for ourselves.

Yes you maybe did, she was Amélie in the movie Amelie LOL
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211915/

Motek

Post Sun, May 07 2006, 8:53 pm
Here's an interesting article about the book:

http://www.aish.com/societyWor.....s.asp

zkalan

Post Sun, May 07 2006, 11:35 pm
It was said that he took a lot of information from the book called "Holy blood, holy grail", and that book is not a fiction, the Da Vinci Code however is, so I guess when he was researching the material for the book he was so consumed about trying to discredit Catholicism, that he forgot to research anything about Judaism. Great book though, and can't wait till May 19! Definitely will read Angels and Demons next

zkalan

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 1:08 pm
Has anyone seen the movie yet? My husband and I went last night, it wasn't all great I have to say, on a scale from 1-5 I'd give it a 3. Anyone else ?

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 21 2006, 1:35 pm
zkalan wrote:
Has anyone seen the movie yet? My husband and I went last night, it wasn't all great I have to say, on a scale from 1-5 I'd give it a 3. Anyone else ?

I've seen it with my dh, it was nice (although not great) but I wonder why they changed some things! The actress wasn't as bad as in Amelie, I was nicely surprised! Also it wasn't too trashy and dh didn't have to turn his head too often, nice change! LOL

batya_d

Post Mon, May 22 2006, 11:58 am
I give it the same review as the book: a great action/adventure story of historical fiction, but nothing earth-shattering. Good movie, worth the price of admission, but will not become a classic.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 7:37 am
I didnt read the book, but saw the movie last night. it was actually very fascinating. when we finished the movie, my husband and I talked about what was real fact and what was not. it was very interesting.

in the movie there really wernt things against judaism too much but there were definitely things that I could see why the church would be pretty angry with the book and movie.

it was a thought provocing movie!

cindy324

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 2:02 pm
I saw the movie sunday night. There were people protesting in front of the theatre, about how it bashes christianity.

Anyway, I liked it, but as most books that were made into movies, the book was better. Also I think that if you did not read the book first, you might have trouble figuring it all out. DH who usually gigures out the ending to every movie had no idea what's going on, and I agree that it can get confusing as to who what where and especially why.

It was also pretty long bit over 2 and a half hours.

Motek

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 4:36 pm
and what does it say about Judaism:

http://www.aish.com/societyWor.....e.asp

read the comments that follow the article, especially the one by Barbara Bensoussan on the pagan practices of the so-called "good guys" of the novel.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics