Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
WHY do you LIKE living in NY?
Previous  1  2  3

nylon

Post Mon, Jul 19 2010, 6:00 pm
The thing is, in cities with big houses on big lots, you don't have the density to support lively shopping, buses, etc. I'd rather have a small lot in Brooklyn than a big one in Dallas.

I grew up in the NY suburbs. I miss the shopping, the restaurants, and everything there is to do.

mom#1!

Post Mon, Jul 19 2010, 6:01 pm
For all those of you who were saying that there are places that open early-thanx for next time I visit NY. I arrivedin NY last time I went at 6:30 am and wanted to go with dh for breakfast. We took a cab and he said there are no bagel shops or something like that open till later. We were REALLY annoyed-sleeeeeepyheads! Rolling Eyes

mrt

Post Mon, Jul 19 2010, 6:03 pm
well ilove NY since my family lives here and I love that you just walk out and have tons of diff stores! u dont need a car to get to a supermarket!! I love the busy streets and all the noise!!!

fleetwood

Post Mon, Jul 19 2010, 6:19 pm
Oh Bagel on coney is open by 6:30 for sit down breakfast. Theres also always kosher dunkin donuts many have cholov yisrael milk.

imabima

Post Wed, Jul 21 2010, 11:35 pm
I'm the OP so I jusy wanted to respond to a few people.
I was in Queens, I don't remember the name of the are but it was around 169th and Union Parkway (does that make sense?).
I grew up and live now in quiet, specious, tree-filled, backyarded areas and the lack of space and privacy and air are what bothered me most.
I definitely see the up-side of having a larger community (ie more people to support stores, school shuls, etc so everyone can get what they want.)
I hope I didn't upset anyone! No offense NYers! Smile

dina23

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 12:12 pm
OP, I completely understand were you are coming from. Having lived in NY for ten years now, I can tell you that what you described is what makes me ache to move! But people here are just used to it. In the mean time I dream of having space for my kids to play like I did growing up. It really makes me sad.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 2:28 pm
When I went for a visit this past pesach, I really didn't like it at first because too many jews shock . I'm from there, but it took me about 2 weeks to feel more comfortable in that setting.

smilingmom

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 9:40 pm
Now that the three weeks are over
Broadway in Bryant Park every thursday.
Movois in Bryant Park
River to River free concerts
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries