Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Driving from New York to Montreal

chayamiriam

Post Fri, Jun 25 2010, 12:18 pm
I am driving from New York to Montreal with a group of women. We are leaving Motza Shabbos the first week of August and coming back Thursday night. I am looking for a clean chain Motel to sleep over Maybe early Sunday Morning and continue our trip like after 10 A. M.Sunday. For sleep and some rest. We are bringing lots of food and Barbecue stuff. Is Lake George an option or Niagra Falls or are the prices to high in those places. I have some great ideas of things to do in Montreal from the kind Ladies on these forums, but if you could think of some other fun things like boat rides and sights to see that are not to far out of Montreal. Thank you so much for all of your past responses, I am looking for some tips from people who have made the trip and were happy with the choices they made in regards to hotels and sights. We also will be eating out in Montreal for one dinner. I would appreciate some suggestions for Flasig or Milchig places that are not too pricey. I am just looking to make this the best and most economical trip for my ladies.

cindy324

Post Fri, Jun 25 2010, 12:37 pm
as far as hotels/motels are concerned, do a searh online for places near Saratoga springs or Glens Falls, they are about half way to Montreal.

Niagara falls in a total different direction, it's about 4 hrs drive from Montreal. Basically the main interstate branches off into two directions, one towards Montreal and one towards Niagara.

Montreal is gorgeous, be sure to check out Old Montreal. I only tried one restaurant and that was Pizza Pita, milchigs, and don't forget to try the "poutine"!! YUMMM!

If u wanna go in the Niagara direction, there' lots of hotels, but they ARE pretty pricey in the summer, but there's tons to do there, and u can always drive to Toronto for food, which is an hour and a half away.

someoneoutthere

Post Fri, Jun 25 2010, 12:43 pm
how long into the drive do you want to stop?
I've never stopped over along that route, as we drive straight. Around Albany is probably a good place to stop.
Lake George might be a bit further along the route than you'd like to stop, time-wise, if you're leaving on a motzei shabbos in the summer. It's about 4 hours from NY and 2.5 from Montreal.
Niagara Falls is bichlal not on your route.

As for restaurants, depending on the time of dinner a decent milchig place is Exception on Queen Mary (Westbury area). There's a chinese fleishig place just down the block from them- Chez Benny. If you're interested in a pizza place with many many food options, Pita Pizza has tables downstairs and you can have a group eat and not feel like you're in the middle of a busy fast-food restaurant.

There are other places but the are the ones off the top of my head with decent pricing for decent food.

Tila

Post Sun, Aug 01 2010, 8:43 am
you have to do the jet boats...
tour old montreal
gonna shop?? can share great outlets etc..
would love to join you one of the days
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics