Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Can't handle anymore rejections...

lost

Post Mon, Aug 02 2010, 10:56 am
It's a brand new Monday of a brand new week and I already got two rejection emails from Hospitals to which I applied for a Staff RN position. I know our parnasa for the year is determined on Rosh Hashana, and it's all in Hashems hands when I'll finely land my first RN job, but all these rejections are really getting to me. I don't want to be hopeless, please someone tell me there's hope Crying Crying Crying .

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Aug 02 2010, 11:00 am
I'm sorry you got rejections. I think it's painful to get rejections in the best of times and especially when things are tough, it's that much harder to keep the hope. I hope you find a job very very soon.

lost

Post Mon, Aug 02 2010, 11:25 am
life'sgreat wrote:
I'm sorry you got rejections. I think it's painful to get rejections in the best of times and especially when things are tough, it's that much harder to keep the hope. I hope you find a job very very soon.

Omen, and a most humble thank you for your kind words embarrassed

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Aug 02 2010, 1:05 pm
Can you apply for a per-diem or substituting nurse position?

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 30 2015, 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

lost

Post Mon, Aug 02 2010, 1:23 pm
Not as a new graduate I can't. Per-Diem and substitute nurses are expected to work with very little training.

shosh

Post Mon, Aug 02 2010, 1:26 pm
All I can do is offer you sympathy and repeat what my wise old mum always tells me:

"Jobs and houses are like shidduchim, in that they are divinely ordained, and even though you do your hishtadlus you should believe that the right one will come along eventually ..."

Whenever I feel down about money, she always tells me that - and truth is I have seen it happen over and over again.

Don't give up. Keep trying. And hopefully such a good job will come along that you will be happy that the other places turned you down!

alwayzbizzy

Post Mon, Aug 02 2010, 9:39 pm
first - you can get 20 rejections - you only need ONE acceptance - remember that.
second - where are you located?
if brooklyn, let me know, I mnight be able ot hook you up with s/o who can help.
did you try other jobs, like school nurse? home aid? etc.?
are you ONLY interested in 12 hour hospital shifts?

lost

Post Mon, Aug 02 2010, 10:01 pm
Yes, I would prefer to get a job in a hospital. The focus of all my days for the past two weeks (since I passed my boards) has been to get my resume into every Nurse recruitment office in every hospital in the tri-state area. I appreciate any leads, help, chizuk...

Today was just awful. I spent the whole day in bed, madly searching hospital websites, getting names and emails for recruiters, getting out the first contact email only to receive a "Thank you for your interest but the position has been filled" response almost instantaneously. I got like 10 rejections today. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get dressed and get out of the house so I can get rejected in person. Crying

Shosh, when ever you reply to anything I write I'm left speechless. You truly have a gift. Hug
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics