Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
COCONUT MILK

mummyto2

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 3:36 pm
anyone have an easy good low fat recipe using coconut milk?

greeneyes

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 3:56 pm
This sorbet is delicious:

Mango Coconut Sorbet (from Moosewood Restaurant Simple Suppers cookbook)

2 ripe mangoes
1 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup sugar

Peel and pit mangoes and cut them into chunks. Place the mango in the bowl of a food processor, add coconut milk and sugar, and whirl until smooth. Pour the puree into 2 ice cube trays. Freeze for at least 4 hours.

When ready to serve, release the frozen cubes and allow them to soften at room temp for about 5 minutes. (They should be soft enough to facilitate pureeing, but not melted.) Puree in a food processor until smooth, in batches if necessary.

The sorbet puree can be made ahead, frozen in cubes, and kept in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Keep the frozen cubes in a freezer bag until ready to serve.

Serves 4-6

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 4:15 pm
I made coconut rice pudding, using 1/2 water and 1/2 coconut milk instead of milk. Came out quite nice, esp topped with some cut fruits or with treacle syrup (or maple syrup) and banana. Stove-top kind, rather than the oven baked one.

Admittedly not desserts, but coconut milk goes really nice in chicken curry. Someone I know also makes delicious curry coconut chicken soup.

Tamiri

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 4:46 pm
I've made delicious chicken in coconut milk and I don't remember what else. Absolutely yum. You can google for a recipe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics