Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Books for shut ins/hospitalized patients?

elisecohen

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 5:19 pm
Chai Lifeline maintains a great library of materials for it's families to access and will get them to the kids anywhere, but does anyone know of a similar service for others? I have an adult family member with a chronic disease now inpatient looking to have to stay in the hospital for a while and bored. Is there some organization that will send books/videos to hospital patients?

They're in St. Louis, very OOT; I'm sure there's something in NY but they need out there.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 9:25 pm
I know someone who years ago had a library of books and videos for kids and teens who were homebound/hospitilized. It's called Gan Shoshana. I'm not sure if they have adult material. Would you like me to find out if this program is still running?

elisecohen

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 6:48 am
That would be great. Like I said, he's in longterm right now and has a life-long condition which looks like it's getting more and more debilitating, so this is going to become a more common occurance for him.

He's an everyday kind of guy with 2 little kids; he'd be happy for both the intellectual or the funny/kiddy kind of things. Judaic or secular fine.
Thanks!

happyone

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 9:06 am
this is not about an organization, but if he needs DVDs, NetFlix has online order forms and send it in the mail with return mailers included. You can order new ones every week with only a low monthly fee.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Jun 18 2006, 10:07 am
ok, I found out Gan Shoshana has adult & children tapes, books and videos. The owner also asked if this man would be interested in arts and crafts? I am finding out if they can ship the materials and then I'll let you know the contact info. Please keep in touch with me via PM, elise.
tizki l'mitzovos!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics