Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I started a blog
Previous  1  2  3

GAMZu

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 12:12 am
Can I give you some more tips? You don't have to try to be funny. Sometimes you are overdoing it and it shows. Just be yourself and blog about the daily challenges and joys of parenting. There are people who blog only one aspect of their lives and kids and I don't like it. Some make their kids out to be little demons. others post only funny moments, etc. Try to keep a balance.

Also, the blog is too dry without photos. Don't post your kids if you don't want to, but when you write about your car, put a pic of it. Take pics when you go places. Even your kids from the back to help illustrate the point and spice up the blog.

Ideas for photos would be the kids' messes, their art, before and after comparisons of the kids' room after they clean it, etc. There are hundreds of pictures you can work funny posts around.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 12:20 am
You really think I am overdoing it? The problem that I have with not adding humor to it is that I don't want to sound desperate. Like my life is too much for me, because sometimes it is. When I add humor it makes things lighter. I thought the humor flowed. I like your picture suggestion though. I have been wanting to add photos, I'm just trying to figure that all out.

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 3:19 pm
Not overdoing, but trying too hard.

I read some blogs where the mother always adds things like "Surprisingly, we weren't chased away from the restaurant." and "Of course, my kids were the ones that..." and "Today, I went on a masochistic mission" when she writes about doing arts and crafts with her kids." She always makes it sound like her kids are monsters. All kids are monsters some of the time, but I feel she should add some pleasant moments.

Also, on my blog I reply to people's comments. And I am also more moved to comment on people's blogs if they reply in the comment section.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 4:10 pm
I really appreciate your advice, but everyone has their own blog flavor. I like to turn hard times into a more light hearted funny moment. I don't feel I am trying too hard by adding some exaggerations, but to each his own. Everyone writes differently. Every blog is different.

I don't feel I have to reply to every single comment. Sometimes there is nothing to reply aside from "wow that's great" and then I feel stupid for replying something so lame. All (2) comments are appreciated even though I don't respond. It's exciting to get a comment.

For me, this blog was an eye opener. I knew I could write, but I never realized how much I enjoyed it. It's nice to have a following, but I do it more for therapeutic reasons than for everyone to like it.

beilariva

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 4:21 pm
I like it and I left you a comment. Looking forward to more posts!

beilariva

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 4:23 pm
Seraph wrote:
Not closet, but don't mind another plug.
Http://mamamoomoo.livejournal.com

It is working now. That's so cute!

amother

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 10:19 pm
Thank you!

beilariva

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 2:56 am
Can those of you that have a blog please put it in my directory. DH just created a directory on my site where you can add your blog. It is very easy and you do it through a form on my directory page. Please also link my site from yours!

http://www.jewishtale.com

Shabbat Shalom!

bodybalance

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 9:42 am
I really love your blog.
I love the humor!
Your posts really give a big smile to my day!

Keep on writing! I was very sad when there was sparse posting this summer!

amother

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 7:19 pm
Thank You! I really appreciate that. I have to put my mind to it again. Hopefully after yom tov I will get the groove back.

beilariva

Post Wed, Aug 11 2010, 7:39 am
I opened a new site! Feel free to have a look and give me your points.

www.foolcheck.com
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics