Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Glass cooktop

brbs

Post Tue, Aug 10 2010, 9:20 pm
I just moved into a new place with a glass cooktop. According to the Star K u can kasher the burners but not the surrounding glass. How do I use my big pots that are larger then the burner? What about between milchig and fleishig?

Anyoen want to share some insights before I end upo buying a new stove with coils...

Thanks

ValleyMom

Post Tue, Aug 10 2010, 9:25 pm
OMG that is a drag!

I believe yu canot rest your pots on any glas surface that is NOT kosher.

Check with your rabbi.

I know I CANNOT Kasher my glass cooktop for Pesach so I cover the WHOLE THING wit foil--major drag!

Good luck to you!!!!

amother

Post Tue, Aug 10 2010, 10:10 pm
I admit I don't know much about the topic or the Star K's view on it but I wanted to let you know that when we were building our house at the time and inquired about the glass cooktops (because they looked nice and all) our LOR (who happens to be a head Rabbi of the Vaad here) told us that they weren't kosher and not to get one.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Aug 11 2010, 12:05 pm
I was told by our builder to be extra careful with the glass cooktop as it can't be kashered. I h ave never heard an opinion tht it can be kashered.

If they told you it can be, ask them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen