Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
"Diet" type books

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 1:11 pm
I heard on the news good things about a French and Japanese lady who each wrote books, so I requested them from the library.

Called, something like, French Women don't get Fat and something Japanese Women don't get fat or die young.

Anyone heard of them?

chen

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 1:55 pm
I read French Women Don't Get Fat. She's very annoying--having attended college in the USA and having lived in the USA for many years, and having an editor who is presumably a native American English speaker, she still insists on besprinkling her prose with entirely unnecessary French expressions that have perfectly good and accurate English equivalents. Whom is she trying to impress?

But I digress. If you'd like to try some new recipes and impress your friends with their French names, this book is for you. But she says nothing that you haven't heard before unless this is your first diet book.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 16 2006, 10:28 am
I requested it on Tue and got it on Wed. There were tons in the libe. I guess no one wanted it.....

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 5:34 pm
I'm reading it and I actually think it's very cute!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen