Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Best Challah Recipe?

EMmom

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 7:41 pm
I haven't made challah in years but I really want to do it for rosh hashana. I do not have a bread machine and I want to do it now and freeze it. My husband likes challahs that are on the sweeter side but not too heavy. Any recipes that fulfill these requirements?

TIA

elmos

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 8:51 pm
the challah from Kosher by design the 5lb recipe is sweet and easy to do if you need the recipe let me know and I will try to post just not near my cookbooks rt now

Mirabelle

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 8:56 pm
My honey challah recipe is sweet...I've posted it here twice. Do a search for sweet honey challah.

EMmom

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 9:10 pm
Elmos if you could post I would really appreciate it!

elmos

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 4:45 pm
1/2 cup warm waater
4 (1/4ounce) packages dry yeast
1 tbsp sugar
7 eggs
2c sugar
1 1/2c oil
7tsp salt
4 cups boiling water
5lb bag unbleached all purpose flour ot high gluten bread flour plus extra for kneading
1 egg lightly beaten
place the warm water yeast and 1tbsp sugar into largeglass meas cup or bowl. set aside in a warm place
crack 7 eggs into 8qt pot(or bowl) and mix in sep large bowl combine oil sugar salt and boiling water mix with wooden spoon.
Whn yeast is bubbly(poofed) addd the yeast to the egg mixtur than add the sugar/oil mixtur into the pot. stir. add flour in 3 additions mixing well with wooden spoon between additiions
sprinkle 1/2c flour on kneading surface knead the dough for 10-15 min adding flour to the surface as needed
put dough back into orig pot. wet kitchen dishtowel ring out well and use to cover the top of the pot
let rise 2-3 hours shape and rise 30 min
bake at 350 thats I think all the directions good luck

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 5:49 pm
Seraph's no fail recipe is delicious!

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 7:18 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Seraph's no fail recipe is delicious!

I agree with that!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads