Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
HCG diet questions

Ruchel

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 10:57 am
I have a few questions about it you don't mind!

-It involves a LOT of restrictions, don't you think they cause the weight loss, not the product?
-Should it be 26 or 43 days? I see these two options
-Do the injections work better?
-I can deal with 800 calories but 500 seems very low. Is it 500 also for a very tall girl? for a man? do you really, honestly, not feel too tired to take care of kid? Are you not VERY VERY hungry?
-Why can't you have oil if you stay at 500?
-Why on Earth can't you have splenda??
-Why no oil on the skin?
-Why no massaging??

More important:
-I had hypothyroidy after birth, can it be a problem?
-HCG is a fertility hormone, can this diet affect fertility in any way?
-I have low BP, is it a problem?

Thanks for any answer!!!

amother

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 11:24 am
Ruchel alot of your questions would be answered by reading Dr. Simeons FREE e-book.
http://www.diyhcg.com/skin/fro.....t.pdf

I don't have too much time to answer, so I'll do some of your questions.

I found that it's definitely NOT the calorie cut that made me lose weight. As I said in the other thread, I did so many other diets over the years, and because of many hormonal issues I couldn't lose the weight.
I used to follow the diet 100% and exercise 6-7 days a week and yet stayed fat (but fit).
After years of this, I began to fast 2-3 days a week, as per this diet,
http://www.eatstopeat.com/
and I still barely lost.
On the days that I wasn't fasting, I ate about 800-1000 cal. Yet still no success.

My doctor told me about the hhcg and after hours upon hours of research online, I began.
I was amazed that it worked for me, bec as I said NOTHING did for so many years!

I did two rounds of this and lost 34 lbs in 40 days, twice!
In between I went on maintenance for 6 weeks and was astounded that I did NOT regain the weight, and even lost some. It's about resetting your hypothalmus, and I can say I def saw a change in the way my body reacts to foods I was sensitive to before ( eggs and dairy).....

About eating 800 cal instead of 500, my husband did a round and ate up to 1000 cal of only the acceptable foods and yes he lost 25 lbs. It was at a slower rate than me but it worked for him. I say Ruchel, let this not keep you back from doing it.

I did NOT feel hungry at all and different family members that have done this have told me the same.

If you don't have much weight to lose then do the 23 days(21+3 days on diet but off the drops).After the 23 days you need the 6 week maintenance.
If you have 25+lbs to lose then the 40 day is better as it's faster, and you do the maintenace after 43 days.

About Splenda read about the side affects.
http://articles.mercola.com/si......aspx

http://www.deepdownwellness.co......html

Good Luck!

amother

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 11:43 am
Previous amother here. I just want to say that I am hypothyroid too and I haven't had any problems, just continued my meds.
Let me sign off as

~HCGmom~

Ruchel

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 11:53 am
HCGMOM, I'm quite lost as I keep reading opposite stuff about Splenda (some say you can use it during the diet, some not) and about needles (some say you don't need them, some say you do). They also seem to imply if you are not OVERWEIGHT you may not loose?

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 12:36 pm
Ruchel wrote:
HCGMOM, I'm quite lost as I keep reading opposite stuff about Splenda (some say you can use it during the diet, some not) and about needles (some say you don't need them, some say you do). They also seem to imply if you are not OVERWEIGHT you may not loose?

Above amothers are correct (I am on day 43 of the diet and have lost 22 lbs.).

I am very thrilled with this diet -- have no problem sticking to it, am not hungry and am losing weight quickly.

I am using the homeopathic HCG version as seen here: http://www.myfatcure.com/cmd.php?af=1205831

With this version: no needles, just oral spray (with hechsher). Spenda is not allowed (Stevia is, and I've been using it -- it tastes fine if you get the brand Stevia in the Raw).

Why would you want to do the diet if you are not Overweight? I don't understand the question.

Feel free to ask me anything you'd like (if you want, you can PM me and I'll respond with an email address you can use).

If you decide to try it and go through the link I gave above, I'll get a referral credit.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 12:39 pm
I really urge you to read Dr. Simeons book because he is the doctor who tested this diet and the fact that some say this , some say that is irrelevant.

You CAN use Stevia.
HHCG is only a couple of years old, pp have been injecting hcg for about 70 years. I don't know if I'd have the guts to inject myself every day, but if you have no problem doing it then thats one option.I did read about pp being happier with the weightloss after trying hhcg as opposed to injection.

About pp not losing if they have no weight to lose, One family member of mine, is actually thin, but has a stomach(she looks a bit pregnant), she did this for 21 days and lost a couple of pounds but what was amazing she lost alot of inches.( the book is called pounds and inches) and her stomach went down!

You asked about it affecting fertility, from what I've read, pp have said that if you don't want to become pregnant, then make sure you have a good BC, because one does have increased fertility.

~HCGMOM~

Ruchel

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 12:40 pm
Why does Splenda cause problems in the weight loss but not Stevia? I'm very curious.

I'm not medically overweight (BMI under 25) but I used to be really slimmer (though not underweight either). You see what I mean?

I'll pm you!!

Ruchel

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 12:45 pm
amother wrote:
I really urge you to read Dr. Simeons book because he is the doctor who tested this diet and the fact that some say this , some say that is irrelevant.

You CAN use Stevia.
HHCG is only a couple of years old, pp have been injecting hcg for about 70 years. I don't know if I'd have the guts to inject myself every day, but if you have no problem doing it then thats one option.I did read about pp being happier with the weightloss after trying hhcg as opposed to injection.

About pp not losing if they have no weight to lose, One family member of mine, is actually thin, but has a stomach(she looks a bit pregnant), she did this for 21 days and lost a couple of pounds but what was amazing she lost alot of inches.( the book is called pounds and inches) and her stomach went down!

You asked about it affecting fertility, from what I've read, pp have said that if you don't want to become pregnant, then make sure you have a good BC, because one does have increased fertility.

~HCGMOM~

Thanks!

About fertility again, the injections seem to have a HUGE dosage, like an ovulation trigger shot?! Don't they all get pregnant with multiples on this diet?

Anyway thanks everyone!!

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 12:49 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Why does Splenda cause problems in the weight loss but not Stevia? I'm very curious.

I'm not medically overweight (BMI under 25) but I used to be really slimmer (though not underweight either). You see what I mean?

I'll pm you!!

You've got to read the stuff on the different websites to understand the Splenda issue.

Plus, basically, you are not allowed things that contain lots of different ingredients (even on your skin -- nothing with organic oils, etc.).

You've got to believe them as to what you can and cannot eat -- only then will it work (I learned the hard way that even very small variances can make a big difference in the weight loss).

And yes, for someone like you, it will help. The (frum) man who runs the myfatcure programe (the HHCG spray with the hechesher) himself only was looking to lose around 20 lbs., but more so the inches which he did.

I've found that I've lost inches in much greater proportion than the pounds lost.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 1:33 pm
Ruchel I'm pasting this link from one of the other threads I think it has some answers to your questions.

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....t=hcg
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise