Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Idea for Baby gift

amother

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 3:20 pm
A very close friend of mine had a baby (girl). She has someone that is going to by her close to EVERYTHING... ie: stroller, crib, bouncer, swing, car seat, and clothes galore. I REALLY want to get her something that she won't nec. get. Something useful / cute . . . Any ideas??? ( What was your fav. baby gift??)

amother

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 3:24 pm
AND IT IS HER FIRST BABY

willow

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 3:54 pm
Get her something for herself. A gift certificate for massage, manicure/pedicure. basket of different soaps and moisturizers...... You said you were close so you can come over and do her laundry, stock her freezer with healthy meals and clean her house.

nicole81

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 4:11 pm
a friend of mind bought me a custom made shelf for the baby's room that had hooks on it and was hand painted with the baby's name and a pretty design. the store she got it from custom made all sorts of gifts. I thought it was so thoughtful because nothing I got was that personalized. she got it form a sotre in brooklyn, btw, if you're interested.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 4:19 pm
Nicole that sounds interesting. Do you have any idea what the store is called or where exactly it is?

nicole81

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 4:23 pm
I don't know the name of it, but I could probably find it out. Maybe someone else on here knows? It's on avenue m, somewhere between e. 17th and ocean avenue in flatbush.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 4:26 pm
I really liked the sock gift basket, all sizes through the first year or two, all the standard colors you'll need, plus accessories like hats, from gap or childrens place or old navy, no matter how many gifts you get socks are usually overlooked.

shoy18

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 5:09 pm
Ther store is called Special Effects on Avenue M bet 19th and Ocean Avenue, I get all my baby gifts there, I usually buy for a first baby a Baby Einstien Mobal. But they have stunning personalzed things ther

Crayon210

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 5:15 pm
It doesn't cost much, but it would be really nice to get a letter in the Children's Sefer Torah for the baby (a great addition to a "nicer" gift).

LikeMeDoes

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 5:57 pm
I second the 'pamper mother' idea.
Also just saw something very cute and not expensive at all. myspecialpushka.com has really cute pushkas that you can have personalised.

nicole81

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 9:21 pm
thanks shoy, that's it!

newmom

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 9:31 pm
One thing that I loved was a basket filled with all the "little" things you don't even realize you need for a new baby, and things that might have you running out to CVS all the time. It was filled with a baby grooming set(nailclipper, brush, nail file, ect.),baby thermometer, size one diapers and wipes, tylenol, onesies, baby stain remover spray, hand mittens, pacies and holder, ect. It may not be the glamorous gift that you had in mind, but it definately was very useful and time saving for us!

newmom

Post Sat, Jun 24 2006, 10:47 pm
Oh, and I forgot to add- it also had an array of baby bath products, washcloths, diaper cream, baby oil, powder...ect
come to think of it- maybe buy a baby bathtub and fill it with these things along with a baby bath towel. You can wrap it up with nice ribbons.

newmom

Post Sat, Jun 24 2006, 10:49 pm
Another thought- you can get her one of those new fancy pacifier holders. They are made of silver or beads/pearls.

happymom

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 12:32 am
I think a cute baby album is a great gift.

Mishie

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 3:22 am
How about a blanket with baby's name embroidered on it?

We have a store here, which embroiders on anything.

So, I got my cousin's baby a really cute bib with his name, embroidered with rainbow thread.
She loved it!!!

8)

bonzie

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 4:33 am
I was at a book sale the other day and they had on sale a bunch of baby scrapbooks, its absolutely adorable, its a whole book with places to put pictures of the first ultrasound, and baby bracelet, u fill in all the info of first smile, first vacation, its really got everything, so anyway I bought one for my dd and then went back and bought a whole bunch and had them wrap there, for whenever a friend has a baby ill just give out, anyway the people I gave one to looooved it, bcz u always want to keep track of e/t but sometimes its just so hard to find the time, anyway this does it all for u, and u just fill it in, they rn't so expensive either (between 8-10 dollars)
good luck let us know what you choose!

willow

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 4:43 am
Bozie where did you buy that? I love the idea.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 5:12 am
If this baby has everything, bli ayin hara, why not buy a small, token gift and give a donation in the baby's name to Yad Eliezer who give money to families in Israel who don't even have money for food and diapers for their babies. That way you would be helping two Jewish babies.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics