Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Super duper #2 problem

SingALong

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 8:06 pm
my 3 yr old DD is super constipated, every time she goes its like she's in labor. my DH usually puts her on teh toilet and forces "it" out. the dr told us to take her off bottles and we did 2 weeks ago. she wa son mirilax, a stool softener that I put in her bottles 1x a day. now I tryt o put it in a cup fo juice/water but she doesn't always drink it.

I thought once the bottles would go then so would her constipation. tonight was a disaster. my DH wasn't home to help force it so I triesd but she fought me, pushd me off and said "I'm stronger"
so I put her in the bath, hoping the warm water would soothe her, relax her muscles and sure enought after 10 minutes of sitting in the bath it worked. I saw ehr clenching her muscles trying ot hold it in.

what is there to do? I'm gonna call my dr again tomorow, but I wanted to hear form other moms what other solutions are there for constipationfact aht she holds it in

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 8:17 pm
First of all, I don't think it's a good idea for your husband to do that for many reasons (neither is it a good idea for you to do so).

Try formula 3 from Dr Schulze. His website is herbdoc.com. It really does wonders and can be taken with juice. Have you had her checked out?

gold21

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 8:28 pm
I definitely recommend prune juice. It works amazingly for constipation. And it tastes pretty decent, so kids will drink it without much of an argument. You can take a quarter to a half cup of prune juice at a time, and add some apple juice to make the flavor more mild. I have tried anti-constipation medication for my son, who has occasional constipation, but I found prune juice to be a much more effective method! Good Luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics