Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sleep glorious sleep... How can I get enough?

how much sleep do you get every night?
8 hours  
 34%  [ 26 ]
6-7 hours  
 65%  [ 49 ]
Total Votes : 75

cookiemilk

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 11:00 am
The baby is well behaved but needs to get fed somewhere around 3 and my son who is almost 10 is to wake up at 6:30 for minyan and something tells me he is probably going to miss his bus without some serous prompting from me. The alternative is to wake up with him and drive him to school. I try to go to bed early around 10:30 but the baby wont settle down until about 11:00 and if I have a simcha or need to go somewhere, I can hit the pillow only later. I would love to get a bit more time in bed, unintrrupted. Anyone here with infants and young children get more sleep? and if you dont, did you just make peace with it?

busydev

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 11:28 am
I get 8 hours usually... but I dont have kids to keep me up yet..

now there was a time when my mother had less then 4 hours of sleep (for nearly a year) (a few babies/toddlers whose schedules were nutty and not coordinated-despite ALL her attempts)

cubbie

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 12:58 pm
I sleep anything between 6-8 hours, but in theory it's possible for me to have more. In my house all the kids are asleep by 8pm latest (usually 7.30) and I usually go to sleep between 10pm and midnight, I get up at 6 because I like to have a quiet cup of tea, and to prepare their lunch boxes before the kids wake up at 6.30ish
BTW my kids are 5 1/2, 3 1/2 and 10 months

c.c.cookie

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 1:01 pm
I sleep 6-7 hours, but it's not enough. I really need at least 8. You should add an option to your poll - less than six. I'm sure there are some women who sleep that little. I'm always jealous of people (like my husband) who can manage on 4-5 hours a night.

MiamiMommy

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 2:09 pm
I get about 6 hours a night IF my 1 yr old doesn't wake up to nurse. I just can't seem to drag myself to bed before 12. I get up at 6 to make lunches and start getting myself ready for work. I wake the kids at 7.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 2:10 pm
I told my mother after she asked me how I'm doing, that it's okay that I don't get sleep, I'll get when the kids move out Confused Rolling Eyes .

MOMMYRN

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 4:20 pm
where's the option for less than 6 hours?? I guess I'll put 6

bashabelle

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 6:00 pm
Less than 6 and I'm going crazy :-(. baby doesn't sleep through the night (6 months) and I have insomnia so I can't fall asleep once I'm up! its 1 am and I'm still up... anyone have any tips please pm me, I'm about to drop..... maybe its yomtov cooking.

prettyone

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 6:08 pm
I didnt vote cause there was no option for less then six.

my baby loves to nurse all night in my bed so I hardly sleep. even if I am actually in bed for nine hours most are spent awake cuz I cant sleep with anyone in my bed

kitov

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 8:33 pm
My body got used to 5-6 hours a night, with interruptions when BF'ing.

I sleep all Shabbos, minus seudas, as a make-up day.

marina

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 11:08 pm
where's 4-5 option.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 11:12 pm
kitov wrote:
My body got used to 5-6 hours a night, with interruptions when BF'ing.

I sleep all Shabbos, minus seudas, as a make-up day.

My dh does that, sleep all shabbos not bf LOL . He hardly sleeps during the week but goes to sleep very early friday night, and sleeps at least 3-5 hours in the afternoon, depending on when mincha and shiur is.

prettyone

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 11:13 pm
we are such sleep deprived human beings

cookiemilk

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 9:45 pm
op here, I tried the option of less than 6 but the entry wouldt take so I am sorry. I have days when its etter and everything in my life cooperates and days when I dont sleep so well. I do like to fantasize about it though Crying

redwudz

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 11:32 pm
I usually in bed by eleven. At five in the morning it is usual for me to be checking if it is late enough to get out of bed. I get restless and anxious to start my day. The bed is boring, and nothing gets done when youre in there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics