Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Freaky dream

amother

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 12:56 am
I know this sounds crazy. I just want to get this off my chest and have soemone tell me that its nonsense..

The first night of rosh hashana I dozed off in bed , and woke up very suddenly. I had this weird dream involving a heavy machine, and GULP- my head being chopped off. I woke with this feeling- omg not survivng the year. I can not get this out of my head- the dream and my first thoughts on waking- that I was so sure wat it means... I did not want to mention this to anyone because I always heard do not discuss bad dreams bla bla...but I would really want to know- anyone know if this would mean something or is UTTERLY NONSENSE- which I hope it is..thanks!!

enneamom

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 1:10 am
You were probably just very tense about yom hadin. I wouldn't worry about it, unless it helps you become a better person somehow. If it just makes you nervous, forget it. As my DH says, dreams are usually shtus.

louche

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 8:28 am
Dreams usually reflect things that the dreamer was thinking or experiencing during the day. Considering the time of year, it's not surprising that a person would dream about death by execution. Take it as inspiration to do better this year than last year. Above all, do NOT take it to mean what you're afraid it means and make it into a self-fulfilling "prophecy".

If it makes you feel better, recite the "Ribbono Shel Olamm chalom chalamti" paragraph from duchaning.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics