Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Making a maternity gown

amother

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 2:03 pm
I'm having a maternity gown made for my upcoming sisterinlaw's wedding IYH in 2 1/2 months. I will be about 7 months by then IYH.

for those who have done this before, any tips or anything I should be aware of in doing this?
my seamstress isn't frum and I dont even know if she's ever made one before.

I figured that since a maternity gown will always come in handy IYH BA"H, I should make one that I can use in all seasons.
what material do you recommend?

goldrose

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 2:23 pm
pm me, I can tell u the name of someone who had one made.

mom2b

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 8:26 pm
I made one a few months ago with Mrs. Raizes.. it game out gorgeous. I split the cost with Ten Simcha so they have it now, but I used a silk taffita I think.. Just make sure the seamstress leaves extra room in the stomach and keep going back to her closer and closer to the wedding date so it fits you perfectly at the wedding. My sister also made one but it didnt come out the way she wanted because it was so tent-looking in the front... her seamstress told her it was bec of the material, so maybe try getting something like a shantung (Sp?) material so it fits you nicely... hope this helps.. you can pm me if you want!

MOM222

Post Mon, Jun 26 2006, 8:52 pm
I would recommend making a two piece dress like a dress and a long coat on top or a two piece like a jacket and skirt. It is much more slenderising (sp?). And you could get more use out of it if next preg. you're in your 8 or 6 month.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics