Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How do you prevent hair thinning/balding?
Previous  1  2

MamaBear

Post Fri, Aug 20 2010, 2:48 pm
The headband looks thin, it can't be much worse than a plastic clip, right? HAs anyone evry tried just using a regular headband or finding their own sheap velour one?

Jmommy

Post Fri, Aug 20 2010, 6:24 pm
Ok I just got the headband from Milano (took 2 days to get here from when I ordered it!!!!)
I just tried it on and it does not budge!! I put the headband on and tried to move it back a little and even had a hard time doing that! I put shaitel on and it did not make my shaitel stick up at all, I can't imagine how it would since it's so thin. I only tried it for a little bit, so I will know more after tomorrow when I give it a much longer whirl.

Shuly

Post Sat, Aug 21 2010, 6:57 pm
I don't use any clips or combs. I wear Goody Stay Put headbands under my sheitel. I had the sheitel macher sew velcro onto the headband and onto the cap of the sheitel, so I velcro the sheitel to the headband and the headband stays on pretty well.

Are the Milano headbands that great? I wonder if it works better than the Goody headbands. Also, does the crushed velvet make you hot and sweaty?

Blueberry Muffin

Post Sat, Aug 21 2010, 10:25 pm
lisaansell wrote:
chat wrote:
I just bought this headband from milano that keeps wig on without clips its great and doesnt pull out hair!!

I just bought it too. My concern is that it may make the front of the wig (the hairline) look raised as opposed to flat on the head. Any thoughts on this?

you have to play around with it - dont wear it TOO far fwd....

let us know what you think after you try it for a bit!

mimimom

Post Sun, Aug 22 2010, 8:29 am
OldYoung wrote:
mimimom wrote:
Bottom line--if your shaitel fits well you hardly need combs, clips, etc. Once I bit the bullet and had my shaitelach altered (made bigger) I stopped having any problem with pulling etc. Actually, I don't need anything but one comb in the front--the rest stays put with attaching anything. Problem solved--and much more comfortable.

You are one gutsy mom! I guess those windy days or low hanging branches don't scare you, huh? LOL

Only had a problem once--a tree branch--and all the clips in to world wouldn't have done any good. (Thank G-d there was only one woman who saw anything--given it was in the middle of Manhattan it was a nes of major proportions!!!)

lisaansell

Post Sun, Aug 22 2010, 8:49 pm
I just got the Milano wig band and it is great! I actually tried it today with a fall and it totally alleviated the need to use the clips and comb. I am not a fan of Milano wigs at all but this wig band is a great product!

Jmommy

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 11:14 am
Quote:
Only had a problem once--a tree branch--and all the clips in to world wouldn't have done any good. (Thank G-d there was only one woman who saw anything--given it was in the middle of Manhattan it was a nes of major proportions!!!)

That is really funny that you found the one tree in manhatten LOL LOL LOL

Ok I wore the milano headband for the whole shabbos and...........................................

I am sooo excited! For anyone who has ever had any problems with clips/combs and shaitels and pulling/thinning hair......try this!! It is the best thing that I have tried-ever! I usually take my shaitel off the minute I can and now I found that I didn't care. I didn't put it rite by my hairline, I did it around 1/2 inch back or maybe an inch. It did not make my shaitel stick up at all, it was me who was on a high all day! I also found myself singing the freedom song all day (not really sure why!) I don't count dollars when things are necessities, so for me the 20 plus five dollars shipping is a bargain!

ps. I told (read: ranted) my friend about it and she tried it the next day and also got hooked.

costanza

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 10:44 am
I recently started covering my hair and just got my first sheitel. I like it, but I found when I wore ot for an extended period of time (not just the few minutes in the store) that it would not stay firmly in place. It kept sliding back. My own hair is very fine and I have a lot of thinning in the front. This product you are all describing sounds appropriate for me.

My question is, does the velvet band that keeps the wig in place cover your ears preventing you from putting the shaitel hair behind your ears?

Jmommy

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 11:43 am
no you put the headband on behind the ears. I like to put it around half inch-one inch above hairline. I am still loving the headband after 2 weeks of use.

mimimom

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 4:37 pm
So, where do you get this? I'd like to give it a try.

Jmommy

Post Tue, Sep 14 2010, 8:07 pm
Either at the Milano store or on this website...

http://www.mcwigs.com/accessories4.aspx

costanza

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 6:01 pm
Another question - how is the WiGrip headband prevented from sliding back on your head once the sheitel is on. I must be deficient in some way because I can not get the wig to stay on my head properly - yet the sheitel lady who I bought it from could put it on me so well. Any advice for a person like me who is sheitel challenged?

Jmommy

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 11:24 pm
It's hard to believe but it does stay on. if you can, maybe you can go try it on by milano in brooklyn? it's thin crushed velvet...doesn't budge. I am also shaitel challenged!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels