Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Exclusiveley nursing yom kippur
Previous  1  2

sky

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 10:41 am
DRINK. DRINK. DRINK. DRINK. Start Now. I find gatorade makes a big difference. And regarding if drinking makes a difference it definetly does. I didn't do it for Tzom Gedalia and had to eat early in the day. But for Tisha B'av I just sat and drank bottles of gatorade. I drank like 6 bottles, besides for the water I drank. I felt so full, and used the bathroom tons, but I felt pretty good that fast.

Speak to your rav today, don't wait until tomorrow because he will be busier then. Ask him exactly what to do if you feel faint or dizzy. Find out before the fast. If this is your first then stay in bed all day with your baby. Pepare toys, books, food that you can do in bed. When he naps you nap. Don't push yourself at all.

[BTW I'm also nervous even though my dd is 10 months and I can go 6 hours without feeding her. But she also gets up at night a ton and drinks the most then. Plus I have my very active 2 and 4 year old boys. I am nervous. I'm spending yom tov with another mother with the same age children so that they can play together and hopefully give us mommys some down time. ]

I hope you have an easy fast.

SivanMom

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 10:47 am
I was EBFing my daughter 2 years ago. I had no stores of milk because I was off dairy and all the pumped milk I had in the freezer was still from when I was eating dairy. She was allergic to both dairy and soy formulas and wouldn't go near the elecare we tried. I felt fine throughout the day, but by early evening I did not have enough milk for her and she was eating every hour or so. It was sad to see. I did not fully regain my supply till the next evening.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 10:52 am
I'm really nervous too. Last YK I was in my last trimester and I broke me fast because of intense, regular contractions, even though I was lying down all day. This past TB I broke my fast because I felt incredibly weak and dehydrated from nursing my baby, even though my dh was helping me take care of him.

Now my son is 11 months. He's still nursing a few times during the night. When I'm home, he wants to nurse ALL day, and often refuses bottles from me. He's also inconsistent about eating solids. My dh will be in a different city and I don't live near any family or friends. Help!

SHMEIJEL

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 11:13 pm
There are some teas that are good for nursing moms to drink before a fast... ask around. Not sure what kind...
I'm nursing my baby and watching 2 toddlers. YAY!!
Pale
Help
Nervous
Shaking

baba

Post Fri, Sep 17 2010, 10:59 am
Please, please, please talk to your rav!

Zus

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 3:02 pm
Made it through without breaking my fast. Now I have to wait and see what the ramifications are for my supply.
To be honest, I really resent that I had to fast this year, especially knowing that others in my situation have gotten a heter not to. I was extremely thirsty from beginning till end Sad

Marion

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 3:14 pm
Made it...he was thirsty enough at 2:30 to take a 125cc bottle in more or less one gulp. I've drunk 2L since the fast went out...

be good

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 11:31 pm
EBFing my almost 9 month old. had to start shiurim of water at about 2 pm, because I almost fainted, was having hot flashes, kept losing my train of thought, dizzy, major headache a bit disoriented. . . she eats a lot! and I am usually a great faster. just putting this out there for any of you who see this post and might be in this situation. be ready for anything, een if you never have fasting problems. ask shailos in advance...

b"H doing well now.

gut yor!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions