Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Hat store that isn't expensive??

RedTwizzler

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 12:20 pm
Any place to buy inexpensive nice yom tov/shabbos hats in New York but not necessarily in the Jewish stores because they are very $$$. I refuse to pay $100 for a pretty straw hat- it's crazy. Any helpful recommendations would be great -Thanks.

Barbara

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 12:26 pm
RedTwizzler wrote:
Any place to buy inexpensive nice yom tov/shabbos hats in New York but not necessarily in the Jewish stores because they are very $$$. I refuse to pay $100 for a pretty straw hat- it's crazy. Any helpful recommendations would be great -Thanks.

Daffys and Syms often have very nice hats that can be used for Shabbat/Yom Tov. Prices vary.

louche

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 1:25 pm
Any of the offprice places like Burlington Coat Factory, Marshall's and the like, but don't expect any of them to have a huge selection. I once went with a friend to BCF, I think it was, and the spring hats were WILD. I never laughed so hard in my life. Winter hats tend to be a bit more staid.

There used to be an area around 6th avenue and 38th street or so where there were a couple of stores selling untrimmed hats and trim. Some were bridal places and some were just hat places IIRC. You could choose the trim you wanted and they'd hot-glue it to the hat for you. Dunno if those places are still there, but if you're going to macy's anyway, check it out.

jflower

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 2:32 pm
Loehmann's sometimes has hats. I saw some wool felt hats recently (for shabbos) for $19.99. I couldn't believe it. They had a very small selection and the hats they had didn't fit my XL head, but if a medium size would fit you, try them.

louche

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 2:37 pm
jflower wrote:
Loehmann's sometimes has hats. .

and then it doesn't matter that they have those dreadful dressing rooms-without- borders, lol!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 2:51 pm
If I don't have time to shop around and try a few stores, I usually just go to Macy's in Kings Plaza. (For some reason, I cannot find the same selection of hats at their Herold Square location.)
I'm just not sure if they'll have a straw hat at this time of year. They'll have plenty of dressy felt hats I'm sure.
Good luck, and let me know what they have this season Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries