Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
2 year old taking off his diaper

e1234

Post Tue, Sep 28 2010, 11:56 am
my 2 year old is constantly pulling down his pants and taking off his diaper.
I don't know what to do. It's frustrating to keep putting it on and even worse when he takes it off in the morning when he is dirty.
He does it when wet or dry so it's not necessarily the wet diaper. I don't think he's ready to be trained yet (he just turned 2)
any suggestions?

Tehilla

Post Tue, Sep 28 2010, 11:57 am
e1234 wrote:
my 2 year old is constantly pulling down his pants and taking off his diaper.
I don't know what to do. It's frustrating to keep putting it on and even worse when he takes it off in the morning when he is dirty.
He does it when wet or dry so it's not necessarily the wet diaper. I don't think he's ready to be trained yet (he just turned 2)
any suggestions?

Overalls.

fiddle

Post Tue, Sep 28 2010, 12:10 pm
or snap on shirts

Tehilla

Post Tue, Sep 28 2010, 12:15 pm
fiddle wrote:
or snap on shirts

Right, it is getting to be onesie season. Carters.com has 24 month size onesies and I think a sale now too.

merelyme

Post Tue, Sep 28 2010, 12:26 pm
You could try putting the diaper on backwards.

mamacita

Post Tue, Sep 28 2010, 10:39 pm
diaper on backwards and footless onesie on backwards.

I have a friend who needed to use duct tape to keep the diaper on, thank the L-rd mine got bored of it before we had to get to that point!

laughter

Post Wed, Sep 29 2010, 6:05 am
I would say its time for training!!
I had the same thing with my ds when he was 2 and training took me a few days.
good luck!

shlomitsmum

Post Wed, Sep 29 2010, 6:27 am
laughter wrote:
I would say its time for training!!
I had the same thing with my ds when he was 2 and training took me a few days.
good luck!

I tried this ....LOL she just found "splashing" EXTREMELY amusing ,but totally futile training wise ..sigh!

older DD, who always bugged us for a dog is B"H now over this desire! she had to "scoop" a stinky off the floor while babysitting little DD!!!! Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
we came home she was green from being so grossed out ...DH mopped the floor twice with lysol LOL LOL and kept smelling it around...all in his head ,it was funny.

Carters or childrens place onesies with snaps have been purchased..... no more splash and scoop for my family.

manhattanmom

Post Wed, Sep 29 2010, 6:28 am
I wouldn't put the diaper on backwards--that just sounds like it is going to leak.

I like the gerber onesies because they snap in the front and not on the bottom. When my son went through the diaper removal stage, I would always put a Gerber onesie on him backwards so he couldn't reach the snaps (which were now on his back.)

You can also try the duct tape method (which I never had to do, because 10 days after I started the backwards onesie, he stopped trying to remove his diaper.) Put some duct tape around the top of the diaper (but not tight) and then keep a pair of strong scissors in your diaper bag all the time!

bnm

Post Wed, Sep 29 2010, 8:13 am
backwards pajamas and overalls. the onsies my daughter slithered out of.

Tehilla

Post Wed, Sep 29 2010, 10:41 am
Yeah, my 2 year old would blow straight out of a backwards diaper. LOL.

Kayza

Post Wed, Sep 29 2010, 1:40 pm
e1234 wrote:
I don't think he's ready to be trained yet (he just turned 2)
any suggestions?

Most 2 year olds are actually capable of being trained. And, in your case, the kids clearly does not want to be in a diaper, so training is the obvious choice.

Tova

Post Sat, Oct 02 2010, 5:25 pm
My almost 2 year old (21 month old) just started doing this. I am feeling embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed , but I can't toilet train her when her almost 3.5 year old brother is not trained.

We tried backwards diaper and she got out of it. We just put her in a sleeper to sleep and I want to see if she can get that off. If it continues to be a problem, we'll try the onesies.

Rochelro

Post Sat, Oct 02 2010, 7:21 pm
I think its just a stage- where they figure out s/t fun they could do
How about underwear on top of diaper?
or it usually works to make sure they are always wearing pants with a zipper and button (hard to take off)
change first thing in the morning.

mama-star

Post Sat, Oct 02 2010, 8:59 pm
DUCT TAPE

e1234

Post Sat, Oct 02 2010, 11:12 pm
I think I'm scared to train.
he's only just 2 and I feel like I can't deal with all the extra mess now.
dh said y't was a good time to do it as ds was home all day but I couldn't do it when I can't wash laundry.
maybe I should try anyway but he has never gone in the toilet -- he has taken off his diaper and pished on the floor.

onesies is maybe a good idea if I can get one that fit (2 T is too small - he's a chubby kid)
also now it's still too hot for an undershirt.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 12:05 am
Oh I feel for you my daughter was removing her diaper all yom tov now.... She is over two I guess she is ready to be toilet trained and I hope to start this week...Wish me good Luck

nr

Post Wed, Oct 06 2010, 6:45 pm
When my very talented daughter was 20 months old, she went through this horrible stripping phase. She was obsessed with being totally naked. So my carpet got dirty, her crib got dirty, she got dirty, it was a nightmare! She's very verbal, and when I asked her why she did it, she would giggle, and say "I no like a diaper, I lika tushy!" We tried everything, double diapering, overalls, sleepers on backwards, (she would slither right out by stretcing out the neckline) I felt really stupid being outsmarted by a baby! I tried training her, but she couldn't sit long enough. Every couple of seconds she was up and running. Duct tape was the savior. We would wrap in around her diaper a few times so that it was tight without being too tight. We did this for two weeks by every single diaper change. And it worked! She would take off all her clothing all the time (naked baby in the shopping wagon!!!) but the diaper stayed on. And just like that, she outgrew it! She's now 22 months, and no more duct tape. She's more reasonable now, and knows she cannot take her diaper off. Good luck, it's not fun!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics